• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

ID models Vac 1/32 Lockheed Hudson

II think I'll stick to Legos and EZ build kits...
Am I doing that bad a job?:bigrin:
I've scared you off??
I sent some pics to a fellow modeller in the local club, he's decided to donate his vac 1/48 Lockheed Orion that he'll never build...
If I finish this, that may be next

II think I'll stick to Legos and EZ build kits...

You and me both Barney!

And no Chris, you aren't doing badly, and are not scaring us of for that reason. In fact you are doing such a magnificent job that we simply recognize how far and away better than us you are, especially at this type of model.

staying on track men...
I've made a bit more headway on this battle. I'm actually (today) feeling confident I may see it through to the end...maybe
I have added some "imagineering" to the spar.
IMG_5192.jpg
IMG_5194.jpg
IMG_5193.jpg

and begun fitting the airplane shaped parts together;
IMG_5191.jpg

Thanks for looking

No, no wing fairings. I'm undercutting (beveling??) the inside of the wings so they will fit very tightly over the raised profile (locators) on the sides of the fuselage. The fit in the picture is not actually as good as it was moments before I took the picture (the tape having come away and loosened the fit) but in the end, I'm hoping that with the spar, some stiffeners and some Tamiya white putty the wing to fuse. should be fairly tight.
Time will tell I guess

did I use the wrong term?
im getting kinda old and Covid has reduced a fair chunk of memory and corrupted some logic files

Nice thing about a vac...everything you add adds some interest
I've taken on the enjoyable job of adding an interior (again reiterating the point) it's not accurate or representative of an actual aircraft, just my interpretation of the interior working from some museum pictures and imagination
067.jpg
068.jpg
069.jpg

Other than cutting out the door and finishing the floor that should be all for the port side (rhymer hey)
Thanks for looking

The other nice thing about VAC kits is that there is usually not that thick plastic where it is supposed to be sheet metal thickness. Gives a much better scale effect.

In my experience, a fillet is a specific type of fairing, used at the intersection of a flying surface and either another flying surface or some other part of the aircraft having an intersection with a flying surface. Fairing is a more general term, perhaps an illustration would be the bulges on Spitfire wings over the cannons. Fillets are found where the intersection is not 90 degrees, so the Spitfire has wing fillets, but the F4F and Corsair do not.

so much encouragement here! Thank you!!
still adding do dads to the cabin, actually cut the door open so it's not all hidden away until I die and a grand-kid destroys it.
The rear spar has been added, ribbing and stringers on the stbd side a tail wheel strut from a HK Models B-17 and radios from (sorry) a Ju-88..at least there's radios in there now.
071.jpg

adding a rear bulkhead (because I've no idea what's back there) and I'm not adding a top turret..
the chunk of solder is my contour gauge
072.jpg

073.jpg
074.jpg

Thanks for looking

Back