• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

ID models Vac 1/32 Lockheed Hudson

chrispisme

I've been remiss in posting anything wip related. I mostly post on large scale planes so this may be old news to anybody that browses more than one build forum. In any case, here is my attempt at the ID Models Lockheed Hudson in 1/32 scale. I make no promises it'll ever be finished, built to any kind of standard, accurate in any way or follow a logical build order...all disclaimers aside.
here's some images of the progress so far (I've been working on it for about 3 weeks now)

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 22
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
  • 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 28
So far so good Chris! Vac kits are always a challenge, but if you have done much any detailed scratch building you should be able to get it done.

3D-Looks Good.gif

WOW, so cool. I have never had much luck with Vac Form and watching other builder do it is always so impressive. Love the subject and really love the work you've done so far. Cant wait to see more.
James

Vacuum-formed kits! Last one I completed was the MPM I-153 Chaika just when I presented it to the collector, the Classic Airframes injection molded kit came out! Just my luck so many times!
1672096355855.png

Later, Eduard re-released the Classic Airframes kit (which they produced for them) under their label:
1672097182234.png

followed by AMG's limited release:
1672097211936.png

with ICM offering the best series now:
1672097270750.png

Nevertheless, I still have a few Czech aircraft uncompleted.

Such as the Avia B.534
1672096424409.png

Eduard has a fine kit now:
1672096915535.png

Avia B.135
1672096453649.png

Now available from AZ Model (this rough short run kit is a small step above the vacuum-formed kit)
1672096611958.png

and Avia Si 204 D
1672096490213.png

Special Hobby has a nice one now:
1672097032264.png

A bit more progress (I warned earlier that accuracy would not be included) I found an almost perfect fit in a surplus instrument panel from my Lancaster build (having upgraded that one with A.M.) a bit of scratch, some odds and ends and a piece of lead rod. The Lancaster panel is...was, an almost perfect fit, all I did was sand off the bottom corners to narrow it a bit.
047.jpg
050.jpg
049.jpg
051.jpg

Thanks for looking

Thats looking really good. I never was very good at scratch building. I guess my mom was right that I was going to fry my brain on model glue at an early age. LOL All you need now is a 3d printer some Cad software and your set!

haha! Me with a CAD program and 3D printer!
I lost my mind on my last super whizzy color printer copier fax scanner device and gave it a free introductory flying lesson when it kept resizing to the paper it wanted to print on instead of what was in the hopper no matter what I did in settings, so, no…. No more printers of any kind for me
i lofted that printer up into the rafters in the garage, when it landed on the cement floor I put on my steel toe boots and death stomped it. My wife had saved it on a few previous occasions but she wasn’t home the last time.
it could be considered childish and temper tantrum I agree, but damn….it was therapeutic to finally put that printer to death

still moving ahead(ish) having only done 2 vacs before (ATR 42 and 72 in 1/72) I'm still on a fairly steep learning curve and could fall of the rails at any time.
Pictures I'm working from suggest (at least one) pass through spar that would require a step over/up into the flight deck and radio room with an open box affair partially covering it. I decided I should at least, for strength, add the spar to the model. Here's the result of all that...
052.jpg
055.jpg
056.jpg
053.jpg

Thanks for looking

I think I remember seeing that spar a long time ago when I was inside one of these Lockheeds. Standard Oil used to base one in San Jose, and Aerojet General had an 18 based in Sacramento, right next to where the A&E school I went to had a hangar.

If memory is "right", the spar was right next to the cockpit entrance, which was a rather narrow opening in a bulkhead.

40271470521_379d102c5e_b.jpg

@Heavens Eagle So much for lack of info!

@chrispisme Lovin' the scratch build, git'er done!
LOL! Yeah, I knew that Saul would come through with some items I had never seen before and he did so quite well. I had only seen one of those photos before (the one with the camera circled in red).
The Hudson is coming along quite well!
Sorry for the highjack on the HL-10 Chris. Something interesting in any case.

Back