• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hobby Boss F6F-3 Hellcat

Well, I am commited now...or maybe I should be committed for doing it...
20220904_151003.jpg

I need to figure out how to make the frame edging that support the panel. If any of y'all have done it, I am all ears. Otherwise I expect I will use styrene strips.

I cut styrene strips and glued them around the inside of the cowl.
20220904_174700.jpg

I drilled out the screw holes. Not all of them are as clean as I'd like.
20220904_174711.jpg

Then painted the green and did a simple black wash.
The panel will go in the opening while I paint the outside.
20220904_174727.jpg

Crazy you are doing all this on a 1/72 cat. :blink

Gonna be wicked when you are done though.

So, I am ordering this guy to work on the plane...
View attachment 153105

You'll need to arrange a transfer for your recruit. He is currently in the Luftwaffe.

His headgear would need to be changed from the Schiffchen (Forage Cap) to either a Utility Cap Type N-3, Olive Drab No 7 (basically a Dark Olive Drab baseball cap) that came into service in mid-1943 or the white " Dixie Cup" hat. They most commonly wore the two piece dungaree Utility uniform (light blue shirt and dark blue pants) that the coveralls might be converted to. They did have coveralls, without a belt, but I'm not sure if they were worn on board ship. Colour wise, I believe they were dark blue early in the war, later they were issued in Olive Drab.

Cheers
Rich

You'll need to arrange a transfer for your recruit. He is currently in the Luftwaffe.

His headgear would need to be changed from the Schiffchen (Forage Cap) to either a Utility Cap Type N-3, Olive Drab No 7 (basically a Dark Olive Drab baseball cap) that came into service in mid-1943 or the white " Dixie Cup" hat. They most commonly wore the two piece dungaree Utility uniform (light blue shirt and dark blue pants) that the coveralls might be converted to. They did have coveralls, without a belt, but I'm not sure if they were worn on board ship. Colour wise, I believe they were dark blue early in the war, later they were issued in Olive Drab.

Cheers
Rich
I cant find, through my suppliers, an American mechanic so I am goingbto have to modify whatever I get. I had forgotten until this morning that I han an entire bag of "people parts". They may all be 1/35 size though which wont help, but I am going to look through it. There are literally hundreds of figure pieces to mix and match.

Here is my tub of people. I have had this so long that I had forgotten about it...
20220905_104259.jpg

There are both sizes 1/48 and 1/35, American, German, Japanese, and who know what else!

he upscaled in the middle, I made the same mistake Chris. :rotf
My brain was all over the place yesterday. Hell, 3am and I found myself sticking bits of an M60A1 together that I got a while ago for free (started build that the guy lost interest in). :bang head

Today isn't looking any better. Bouncing between the Mustang, RX-7, F-4D & M60. :eyeroll:

Back