• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Heli...os..copter one week Challenge

It's a wrap. I went onto this kit with fairly low expectations. But in the end wound up being fairly pleased with the results. I do wish I was a little more aggressive on pre-shade color though, as it ended up being even more subdued than I was shooting for. I didn't want a heavy weathered look as the aircraft would've only been in service for a very short time per the markings (1984).

DSC_0099.JPG

DSC_0101.JPG

DSC_0102.JPG

DSC_0104.JPG

DSC_0105.JPG

And chilling with the other completed kits (aside from the SR-71).
DSC_0107.JPG

Very nice!!! Are those your first builds? If they are, your off with an incredible start. Gary S

Very nice!!! Are those your first builds? If they are, your off with an incredible start. Gary S

Thanks Gary. Yes and no. They are my first builds since re-entering the hobby after 20+ years. I used to build quite a bit with my friend back in high school, but after joining the Navy in '93, I kinda dropped out of the hobby. I just got going again a couple years ago. The guys here really helped re-light the fire after joining last winter. This year has been the most productive and involving year since re-starting the hobby.

Well, won't be 100% complete by the end of today. Decals are on and drying under setting solution so no more handling until tomorrow morning. A quick pic before we go. Might of finished sooner if there wasn't the "Squirrel moment" with the arrival of the Victor. :laugh:

Decal_1.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

Well, won't be 100% complete by the end of today. Decals are on and drying under setting solution so no more handling until tomorrow morning. A quick pic before we go. Might of finished sooner if there wasn't the "Squirrel moment" with the arrival of the Victor. :laugh:

Decal_1.JPG

Cheers,
Rich
Those orange numbers make her POP (y)

Back