• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Heli...os..copter one week Challenge

SA Dave

So I found another sucke.... uhm friend to do a week long build challenge with me.

Here is my entry for the challenge

heb3805e.JPG

And were off now come on mate you better hurry as I am on a roll

I'll get something rolling tonight. I was actually pawing through the box a bit last night. Actually looking forward to building a smallboy whirlybird after reading Red Storm Rising. :v

I'll get something rolling tonight. I was actually pawing through the box a bit last night. Actually looking forward to building a smallboy whirlybird after reading Red Storm Rising. :v
Come on get those pictures up and get to building hahaha

No :drool over all the plastic

Well I am a few hours ahead of you and I do have a looooooong weekend thia weekend.

Most parts cut off and cleaned Sub assemblies done

hc85020b.JPG

Yeah, you'll probably kick my ass speedwise. :pp But I "should" still be able to get wrapped up inside the timeframe. I'm probably going to scratch some crude "boxes" to mimic the electronic gear & sonobuoy launcher, as the kit's interior is extremely sparse. But I don't plan on spending a lot of time on it as it will be built w/ the doors closed. But when the launcher takes up 1/4 of the cargo hold...and there is nothing there...well, we can do a little better than that. :laugh:

Well I am lucky this kit even has my pet hates included so I wont have to add any seatbelts this time but I must say I understand about adding something so obviously missing it will give me a better chance to kick your posterior :D

If you don't mind making this a threesome ( :blink that doesn't sound right), I'll give the "Angel of Shearwater" a shot.

Start~2.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

And production is underway.

The cabin and flight deck with seat belts added, primed and ready for paint.

Cabin.JPG

The tail boom needs a little "Canadianization". The bumps along the drive shaft cover will removed as well as the upper reinforcing rib. There are a couple of antennas to be added along the top side of the boom a little bit later in construction. And of course try not to break off the lower antenna and tail bumper.

TB_Fixes.JPG

A little bit of sanding and re-scribing of panel lines and the major work is done with just a little bit of filler to blend things in. And the antenna and bumper are still in place.

TB_1.JPG

Time to stand down production for tonight.

Cheers,
Rich

If you don't mind making this a threesome ( :blink that doesn't sound right), I'll give the "Angel of Shearwater" a shot.

Start~2.JPG

Cheers,
Rich
Ooooh yes Rich welcome to the party mate Youre going to loose by a mile to me though :tomato

Must say that kit has some great details inside.

Come on Chris stop loligagging around we want to see some progress mate. :yipee

Wasn't lollygagging...I was fiddling. :pp

This is going to be the extent of scratching on this one. Now to just paint and assemble. :pilot

DSCF2116.JPG

Back