• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Heli...os..copter one week Challenge

That's looking nice and used there Dave. :good:

I probably won't finish until tomorrow...maybe late tonight. I wan't to give the decals a good chance to dry out & cure. I'll probably be finishing up the final details, and will be waiting on the dullcote before final assembly.

Looking good guys. Looks like I'll be the rear guard for our little band.

Touched up some of the seams and added the extra antennas that RCN helos sported.

Assy_5.JPG

The kit comes with the 400 lb winch but the RCN used a 600 lb winch. So today was spent building a new winch and support structure.

Assy_6.JPG

Let things set-up and we should be ready for paint tomorrow.

Cheers,
Rich

Looking good Rich!

Did a bit of the final painting tonight. All that "should" be left is the dull coat tomorrow followed by painting the oleos & lights (which need to be glossy). While I was fiddling tonight, I decided to experiment with non-skid for the future A-6/EA-6B builds. I think it came out ok. Passable anyways. Tomorrow is the day. :frantic

DSCF2130.JPG

Damn decals went all splinters on me (AAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH :bang head :bang head :bang head ) so I got some from the spares to make it at least a representative of the war copter

Awesome thread guys, look at you guys go!

Great jobs so far!

If you don't mind making this a threesome ( :blink that doesn't sound right), I'll give the "Angel of Shearwater" a shot.

Start~2.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

"Angel of Shearwater"? I assume you mean Shearwater, Nova Scotia? (just down the road from me).

Awesome thread guys, look at you guys go!

Great jobs so far!

If you don't mind making this a threesome ( :blink that doesn't sound right), I'll give the "Angel of Shearwater" a shot.

Start~2.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

"Angel of Shearwater"? I assume you mean Shearwater, Nova Scotia? (just down the road from me).

Yes I do. HMCS (or RCNAS) Shearwater was HU-21's shore base.

Cheers,
Rich

Calling her done Very disapointed with the decals splintering but I tried to make a representative copter I tried to make one that has been used for a campaign where they had to make multiple flights without any servicing etc.
h09bec74.JPG

h0eccc03.JPG

hf748e31.JPG

he4858ef.JPG

Nice! :good:

Sucks about the decals. I was struggling with mine a bit as well. Fortunately no breakage like you had to deal with though.

Warp speed Mr. Zulu!!! Hell I can't even get though the instructions in one week. :eek:ldguy Gary
These little kits are really nice kits I might even be reconsidering my opinion on Italeri because of the good fit etc. Now my 1/35 Dragon helo is another kettle of fish that will need a whole difrent approach I think the seats alone has as many parts as this whole kit has :pilot

It's a wrap. I went onto this kit with fairly low expectations. But in the end wound up being fairly pleased with the results. I do wish I was a little more aggressive on pre-shade color though, as it ended up being even more subdued than I was shooting for. I didn't want a heavy weathered look as the aircraft would've only been in service for a very short time per the markings (1984).

DSC_0099.JPG

DSC_0101.JPG

DSC_0102.JPG

DSC_0104.JPG

DSC_0105.JPG

And chilling with the other completed kits (aside from the SR-71).
DSC_0107.JPG

Got the exterior EDS/MSG paint on today. Some touch ups and details to paint tomorrow and then decals.

Paint_1~0.JPG

Paint_2~0.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

Back