• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Heli...os..copter one week Challenge

Parts Drying More mayhem tomorow again
he0e5299.JPG

The paint crew was in today working on the interior and fittings so assembly can continue.

Cabin_1.JPG

Cabin_2.JPG

With the forward fuselage closed up, the tail boom can be attached. We'll let that set-up overnight and clean up the joints tomorrow.

Assy_1~0.JPG

Assy_2~0.JPG

Assy_3.JPG

Assy_4.JPG

The biggest joint to fill will be at the tail boom attachment. The fuselage seams have filled for the most part by the glue melting the plastic and squeezing out with pressure applied during assembly.

Cheers,
Rich

Final peak inside before things get buttoned up.
DSCF2117.JPG

And where the assembly is pausing for the night.
DSCF2118.JPG

Dave must be spending too much time trash talking, and not enough building. He's the only one without and assembled fuselage. :fencing

Dave must be spending too much time trash talking, and not enough building. He's the only one without and assembled fuselage. :fencing
Nah even worse than trash talking I made a booboo with the windows :blush: Had to strip the future and just refutured BUT I will catch up with you guys just as soon as the kids are out of my room

:eek:hmy:

No booboos!

I need to go wrap presents now so I can get them off to the post. So I probably won't make anymore headway until this afternoon.

Main rotor assembled and ready for painting.

Main_Rotor.JPG

I will have fix a couple of moulding problems with the rotor system. The main rotor fixed swashplate is missing two of the legs that attach it to the cabin roof. The tail rotor drive shaft housing is a blob that will have to be scratched.

What else is a guy to do on a day that it has just got up to -29[sup]o[/sup]C at lunch time.

Cheers,
Rich

So its not a good time to say its 10 o'clock here and still 30C Lovely weather we might even go to the beach tomorrow.

Maybe Wednesday. It is looking quite tropical then, high near 0[sup]o[/sup]C and the lake isn't completely frozen yet.

Cheers,
Rich

Spent the afternoon cruising eBay and fiddling with the Seahawk. Progress. There is a good chance I'll be working some paint tomorrow. :coolio

DSCF2119.JPG

Awesome progress there

Tomorrow I have some light sanding and then Primer in the morning and some paint tomorrow afternoon I hope.

h3cc7faa.JPG

OK, if Dave is building why am I in a rut? :bang head

You go Dave! :notworthy
I am doing these to get out of my year and a half rut mate now go and grab something small and come play with me I still want to do something fast for the Gulf War One build.

Thanks for the encouragement James its apreciated

I got nothing fast for that. I do have a 1:48 F111...that one ain't gonna be fast.

I think I'm gonna take a couple extra days off next week, recharge batteries, reboot some wireless (I'm not the lowest paid global wifi administrator you'd ever know). I mean it's Christmas week, who's working? :rotf

Back