• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose"

I see where Saul edited your post so he probably fixed whatever the problem was.

shhh-emoticon-243x300.gif

A fairy fixes these issues

Who are you calling a fairy?
182985648_189dd27baa.jpg

Seriously, the version of BBcode used here does not support :eek:riginal just like many sites will not support size= in the image tag.

Regards,

OK I see what's going on.

Basically the bbcode version that we have here does not support that :eek:riginal tag. So, don't use it. Firefox and Chrome both fixes max width of the image to the frame size. IE use to but not any more. I'll look around for the fix for IE.

In the mean time Phil, if you want to use the size tag on images, try this.
Code:
[img size=700]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/xbgt3515speed/Reviews/P61/DSC_8561c.jpg[/img]
Notice the "img size=XXX", you can set the max width, I think the max width for the frame is about 740.

DSC_8561c.jpg

DSC_8561c.jpg

using that added size=1200 ( i tried making it 1200 as that's the real size of the pic)still gives me the pic displayed at 1024 from pb when actually it is 1200 pixels wide.

I can use Imagebam for photos wider than 1024 if need be, it's just a right royal pain in the A having to stuff around with PB after the old version worked perfect for me for 8 years.

(I use Firefox V 17.0.1 not IE)

A small step forward,
engines, rad flaps, exhausts now together.

GWH gives you two Pe wiring harnesses for the two engines - good luck fitting these if you have them as I couldn't bend the intake tubes without them breaking off, let alone thread them into the maze of that double row engine!

with the cowlings on though, you just can't see anything at all so.........

with the cowling on you cant see much

Cheers James, it is a tail sitter with no possible way to make it sit right unless you remove the detailed radar set and pack the nose with lead, kind of defeats the purpose of buying the glassnose with detailed radar somewhat.

I really don't think I will buy another great wall kit, I'm thinking this one is just plain jinxed for breakages and total frustration.

Each time I break something I say to myself - I hate this kit.

Weathering done - some previous broken off parts reattached, tomorrow may see this puppy wrapped up.

Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Completed

Thanks all!

now fully 100% done and dusted! :zen Thankfully !!!

Added the tail boom aerial wires, front radar poles, pilots boarding ladder, what would of been the smart choice for an option on this kit is a weighted front gear bay, like Tamiya gives you for their Me262 series, a white metal front gear leg would also be gratefully accepted.

Both props spin up nice

couldn't make the turret rotate, at least got the .50's to elevate

Can't fault the decals - you can actually read what they say!

the Pacific collective!

You get a good idea just how big this bird was beside the B-25

Nose Art!!

Just fixed some photos that were not loading

OD and Neutral Grey done with Tamiya rattlecans on this one, I used two shades of OD A/S6 and T/S28,
and thick rolled blu tac to get the feathered demarcation line.

Cheers!

Finished just in time to start the 1/32 scale P-61 coming from Hobby Boss! :laugh:

Back