• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1/48 Hs129 B2 variant -Complete

Hasegawa 1/48 Hs129 B2 variant

Cheers all, and Paul - although you may not say that about the main canopy - picked it up and guess what was left on the fresh acrylic canopy paint :bang head

awoke to a day of sunshine! so without further ado......

and the masks all off this arvo

have to redo a section on each flap - stuffed up the splinter alignment

Used Model Master enamels RLM 04 and 65, Gunze/Mr Hobby acrylics RLM 70, 71

Looking real good Phil ! :D Any idea what the purpose of the wing hash marks is ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Hasegawa 1/48 Hs129 B2 variant - Complete!

Any idea what the purpose of the wing hash marks is ?
I have no idea Christian, both Superscale and Hasegawa decal sheets have them though.

All done!

I planned to leave the canopy open but the window dive angle decal looked much better with it closed

the resin gunsight is nicely done, used the kit glass on it

Quickboost radio set

the reason for the exposed engine !

The Tankbusters - home base

Painted with Model Master enamels (RLM 65 % 04) Gunze Acrylics (RLM 04 70 & 71) various Humbrol enamels for detailing.
Decals were a mix of Superscale Hasegawa, and Eduard Swastika's

Looks very nice Phil . Definitely makes me want to pull mine out . Alas, this is not the time.

The dive angle lines are really a nice touch. I hope my decals have that detail to them .

Cheers, Christian B)

Very nice work!! I'm with Christian I may have to get mine out too.

Terry

Thanks Christian, Terry and Gary,

if anyone has a B3 version for sale (1/48 scale) please pm/email me ! That one has eluded me for a long time!!

Will gladly pay your asking price + shipping

Any idea what the purpose of the wing hash marks is ?

According to the manual, Labeling for landing flap setting, see drawing 129.502/512 on page 4

Hs129B2Stencils.jpg

It seems it was used to sight the junction to tell if the flap or ailerons were actuated.

Paul, real nice! I checked my stash, no B-3.

Regards,

Thanks Saul and James for checking, and Saul, again, just great knowledge of these warbirds (y)

Thanks Ian!

Back