• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1/48 Hs129 B2 variant -Complete

Re: Hasegawa 1/48 Hs129 B2 variant

Looking good. Those resin control surfaces really snaz it up (y) (y) (y)
James

Here's an update on this one - Pe parts for the pit are terrible, fit is almost impossible, Iv'e used a mix of Pe and resin parts to get to here.

Resin seat/armor plate, lots of cutting,filing to get it to here.
Broke the damned thing twice at the back, when fitted the fuse closes over it so it can't be seen

Whatever part you add, each one presents another fit prob.

As it is now, the pit fits in, and the fuse closes up with a lot of squeezing together - just.

DSC_8198pt.jpg

DSC_8196pt.jpg

DSC_8195pt.jpg

Quickboost radio box in,
DSC_8201rb.jpg

Used MM burnt iron non buffing paint on the exhaust ring, (pic is a bit dark) will play around with the finish next time I work on it.

DSC_8199e.jpg

made a simple mount for the 37mm, the pod isn't correct but will do, good thing is the Mk103 cannon support ring fits perfect around the barrel and looks quite good fitted.
DSC_8200bk.jpg

more later.

Really nice looking cockpit Phil. I hate it's not fitting better than it is.

Can the canopy be slid back to view the interior ?

Cheers, Christian B)

I hope you can see something then, otherwise mine is just as doomed :bang head

Cheers, Christian B)

you can see a little! so if you make a few mistakes - it's not that bad :D

Great progress! :popcorn I really like this aircraft :coolio

All the best!
Dusan.

Dear Phil.

...excelent stuff...gret work from yours...following with attention and big interest :coolio

Best!

Luiz.

Cheers all (y)

DSC_8210tta.jpg

just the one update pic, got the fuselage and wings on tonight, nice fit there gaps non existent,
had to add a helper piece of scrap to support the bottom wing to rear fuse fit because of the cut off kit flaps,
all worked nice.

Cut off the rudder to use the resin one =- alas it is too short and leaves a huge gap at the bottom
of it - will use the kit one which isn't all that different.

I wanted to get it to this point so it didn't bug me while I start doing some building of the P-61 !!

So nice to work with decent plastic and parts that don't snap when you look at them..........
nacelles on, lovely fit - naturally! and finished off the belts, a bit more Pe to go on around the seat but will fit later as it is at the top and would get mashed when covered up in the paint stage

The 37mm variant had the two Mg's removed to save weight, so I scratched two covers for the disused gun troughs

That Master Model brass barrel is so nice - fits lovely into the pod - a ring bracket is also to be fitted
]

almost ready for masking.

Moving forward a little,
DSC_8800pb.jpg

masking done ready for RLM71 ( flaps and ailerons not in pic)
DSC_8801m.jpg

DSC_8802m.jpg

...yes..I agree with James...it´s looking cool (y)

Regards!

luiz.

Hasegawa 1/48 Hs129 B2 variant

here's round one of the greens

blu tac'd the verlinden engine on to see how it looks

I'll let the paint harden fully before masking it for round two.

Back