• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

frankenfort ........finished

frankenfort ......bomb sight

Well Joe, I don't know exactly what the bomb sight is supposed to look like but that little gadget looks very interesting to me.

Cheers, Christian B)

frankenfort ......bomb sight

so i take it that it looks ok?

i had thought about leaving the kit piece alone. ended up adding over 20 pieces.

thanks for looking in, and many thanks for your kind words.

joe

frankenfort ......little bits

alrighty.....................just what have i been giggling about..............

well first let me thank kojo on large scale modeller. he posted in a buildup of hk models 1/32 b-17g there. he posted several links to 360 degree views of several compartments of the fort. it gave me a ton of information.

it also made me look at what i had done and i had to change what i had done.

you remember this...........

well now it is this............

and you may remember this............

now it is this..............

in my mind a great improvement.

i also wired the back of the ip.

and now playing a bit to see if i can focus a bit on photo work.

well need to work with that a lot more.

comments, critiques, criticisms are encouraged.

joe

frankenfort ......little bits

Major improvement over something that was already a pretty good representation of what's there. (y)

frankenfort ......bombadier station

many many thanks for your kindness.

well moving slowly along.

here is the whole of what i have gotten done so far.

and just a couple of other things that have been interesting to play with.

crew access roof/pit floor

and what is going on in the pit, not much but a little.

as you can see some work has been done in the bombadier station. there are but 4 "kit" pieces. there are something like 150+ pieces for the overall. where the "cables" go under the flooring i havent figured out yet. i dont have a decent picture of it. this wont be seen in this bird but i do have the visible version in the stash. looking ahead to that problem. i will be working on the guns and the chin turrent, not much for that but a little. then i will move on to the pit itself.

comments, critique, and criticisms are encouraged.

joe

many many thanks.

this is the practice run for me. this is the prebuild for the visible version. then it will be all opened up.

joe

well over the last 3 days i have felt somewhat better, not so drained, so i have worked here and there on mocking up what i have done to this point.

mock-up-5_zpsd63e50c5.jpg

mock-up-6_zps461c2c62.jpg

mock-up-7_zps1b83a4b7.jpg

mock-up-8_zpsac3106e9.jpg

mock-up-10_zpsc8b54223.jpg

mock-up-11_zpsb239a804.jpg

and some new progress.

seat frames.

mock-up-4_zpsb5c9de35.jpg

generators under pilot/copilot.

mock-up-3_zpsd7f15341.jpg

o2 banks.

mock-up-2_zps39cf4837.jpg

and she all fits in the nose. yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

mock-up-12_zps782a7ca1.jpg

still to work on the cheek guns, chin turrent, and o2 hoses. still some little stuff as well as getting the pilot/copilot seats and sticks done.

comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

joe

frankenfort ......mocking myself

Shalom.

With all that exquisite interior detail it seems a shame to button it up. Looks like a great build foe a cutaway model. The model itself thus far seems to be worth of beong displayed in a museum.

Cheers

Nice to see you doing the interior green, zinc and aluminum. Adds a lot of interest inside. :popcorn

many many thanks for the kind words.

like i said this is the prebuild for the clear sided fort. i want to go through the motions for what i have and what i want to do.

joe

Back