• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-5A 'Freedom Fighter' * * F I N I S H E D * *

F-5A 'Freedom Fighter'

Looking good Ian. Now you've got me wondering how my Wolfpack kit(s) will end up fitting when I get around to it. :hmmm

F-5A 'Freedom Fighter'

Paint is occurring.

h62aa5dc.jpg

h69db3c7.jpg

Xtracolour enamel 'Vietnam Tan'. Painting is going to take a lot of sessions as the pattern is very complex. Stay tuned bout please don't expect this to happen anything but slowly !!

Ian.

F-5A 'Freedom Fighter'

Looking great so far. Just do this at your pace, we'll all be here when you're done. It'll be well worth the wait.

F-5A 'Freedom Fighter'

All the 'Forest Green' is on now...

he5b596c.jpg

heb8e60c.jpg

Of the three tones in the SEA scheme for the F-5, the darkest green is definitely the 'junior partner'. Thanks for looking and/or commenting, more next week.

Ian.

F-5A 'Freedom Fighter'

Looking really nice Ian.

Question - did this kit have engine faces for the intakes? I just looked in both my Wolfpack T-38 kit and the AFV F-5F and neither come with engine faces. The intakes are just holes into the hollow fuselage. Just wondering.

Mike
:popcorn

F-5A 'Freedom Fighter'

Yep intake trunks and impellor faces... beautifully done aswell and no fit issues at all.

Got the first session of the lighter green done yesterday so the pattern is beginning to make a lot more sense !!

Ian.

F-5A 'Freedom Fighter'

Looking really nice Ian.

Question - did this kit have engine faces for the intakes? I just looked in both my Wolfpack T-38 kit and the AFV F-5F and neither come with engine faces. The intakes are just holes into the hollow fuselage. Just wondering.

Mike

Hey Mike, I just went and looked through my Wolfpack T-38 & F-5A. Like yours, the T-38 doesn't have the parts. But the F-5A does. If you want I can dig through the box further and measure some parts if you're interested. I'm surprised they did the construction of the 2 kits so differently.

F-5A 'Freedom Fighter'

Nice work, Ian. Your office came out very nice. Here's a VNAF web site.
Gary S

http://www.vnafmamn.com/index.html

http://www.vnafmamn.com/vnaf_aircraft.html <<<<< This one has F-5 pics

F-5A 'Freedom Fighter'

Looking really nice Ian.

Mike

Hey Mike, I just went and looked through my Wolfpack T-38 & F-5A. Like yours, the T-38 doesn't have the parts. But the F-5A does. If you want I can dig through the box further and measure some parts if you're interested. I'm surprised they did the construction of the 2 kits so differently.

Wait - there's a Wolfpack f-5?

Edit: just looked, the have an F-5A. But their web site says the sprues are from the Kinetic kit. That would explain the difference.

F-5A 'Freedom Fighter'

That would explain the difference. I probably would've caught on had I looked at Scalemates. :laugh:

F-5A 'Freedom Fighter'

Paint done:

h052ca0c.jpg

h96f0656.jpg

h1eee02c.jpg

h0909a4b.jpg

No more on this (or the Zero) now until February after our long holiday (US = vacation). As ever thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

Ian.

F-5A 'Freedom Fighter'

Weathered, decalled and up on it's legs...

h24cde56.jpg

h1c848bc.jpg

h3b068aa.jpg

hd4cc9c3.jpg

Not looking too bad, even tho' I say so m'self :coolio - more later in the week.

Ian.

F-5A 'Freedom Fighter'

Very nice, I know you're going to move forward to the gear wells, they look stark in comparison.

F-5A 'Freedom Fighter'

Not sure on the F-5 since it's not quite a T-38 a but they are more similar then not.

Our T-38's stayed quite clean, except for some ( yellow ) oil seepage from the engines .

I'm not sure on the wheel wells but I suspect they were probably the same color as the lower color of the aircraft which is a very light gray . Probably FS. 36622

Just a thought . :idonno The T-38's were a definite white color

Cheers, Christian B)

Back