• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eindecker IV

I actually got some and tested it. Could not get tension on it enough to straighten it out. wasn't very forgiving. It would work for a lot of stuff in modeling but not rigging biplanes imho.

What about the next size up or twisting two or three strand together to make a cable?

The looping would be over stated for the scale. Looks like the monofilament fishing line is best for appearance and strength, plus with a little heat you can tighten up the line if some slack appears.

I think Ships rigging and Aircraft rigging is comparing apples to oranges. I read on a ship forum that they wanted some natural sagging of the rigging to show.

Impressive work Bob. I like the cable too; I might have to look into that for some of my work.

John's idea sounds good too.

Plane.gif

I'm happy. Not going to paint and detail up the gun because it's all hidden under the cowl. Yeah I ran a bead of solder down the seam but I didn't get a good picture, sorry.
1589332051814.png

Looking real good, Bob. One can never have enough different types of rigging materials. I got some of that ceramic wire but it scares me when I read that part about it shattering.

Making progress.
Gun package.
1589680404052.png

Probably can't see it but I got the fishing line attached to the back of the cockpit and threaded out the ports.

1589680654120.png

Got the top sealed up and there ain't gonna be no seam on this one!

1589680699363.png

Progress... :soldier

That package looks good...:blink
I didn't realize that you ran the rigging all the way from the cockpit...crazy...in a good way :good:
:victory:

I've seen guys fully rig a build with moving surfaces and all. You don't have to do it this way but its easier than fishing for the strings when everything is built up. Ask me how I know... :rotf

Never worked a seam like this in my life.
1590451526336.png

Might be part of my problem!
Still had a shadow back in the back. Finally wised up and took my #11 and started planing it down. Still had some inperfections but I think my last layer primer will work and i'll have some paint on it soon.

WOW! I have one of these in the stash, that will probably be left to someone in my will.

This build looks great. I'm takin notes... someday... maybe... I'll build a WW1 plane

Back