• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eindecker IV

Another part done.
1588553677645.png

Not sure I like this one, it'll be very visible, this is the cover behind pilot seat.

The First one definitely looks good. The second on....mmmm...seems darker but that could be light reflection. Either way you got the technique headed in the right direction :good:

Looking good, although the squiggles appear shorter on your reference photo. The patterns on the overspray bottom left of your last photo look spot on, where's that part? :good:

Looking good, although the squiggles appear shorter on your reference photo. The patterns on the overspray bottom left of your last photo look spot on, where's that part? :good:
Yeah that's why I'm not happy with that part. I'll probably pull a mulligan on it.

I like this one much better.
1588637175400.png

short strokes (insert your own joke here) instead of the long wavy stuff. 🖌

Looks very good MP.:vgood:
If there was some way to use the surface of the material you are resting everything on as a mask or paint stamp that would look good too as it seems to have the right pattern.
:hmm::bang head:)

Looks very good MP.:vgood:
If there was some way to use the surface of the material you are resting everything on as a mask or paint stamp that would look good too as it seems to have the right pattern.
:hmm::bang head:)
Wow I didn't notice!!
That's one of those poly cutting boards, don't know why I grabbed it, thought it would be cleaner for the Silly Putty to stick to holding the parts in place. :lol:

Back