• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eindecker IV

Molotow, available at Hobby Lobby. They have several sizes.

Man that stuff is BRIGHT! found that the applicator can be removed, very easily as a matter of fact... :rotf
I think the 1mm is a bit thick, will use the paint with brush. Resetting my test parts, will try it out when they dry. 🖌

I don't know Bob, that first run looked perfect to me. Still, I'm interested in seeing further results from additional experimentation.

Looking Great Bob!!
That cromie pin should work good just might need to kick the brightness down a notch with a dull coat...just food for thought.
:victory:

Looking Great Bob!!
That cromie pin should work good just might need to kick the brightness down a notch with a dull coat...just food for thought.
:victory:
When I look back on my first Eindecker I see some good patterns. I did Gloss Black over Flat black then alclad the entire thing with Polished Aluminum. But when I sealed it and weathered it almost disappeared. I'm testing a gloss coat on one part now. Why can't they just make a decal? :rotf

When I look back on my first Eindecker I see some good patterns. I did Gloss Black over Flat black then alclad the entire thing with Polished Aluminum. But when I sealed it and weathered it almost disappeared. I'm testing a gloss coat on one part now. Why can't they just make a decal? :rotf

duh.gif

My test shots.
1588518327886.png

On the rhs of this panel I use the pen applicator, on the rhs I brushed the same chrome. Then I put a seal coat of Testors Clear Gloss. While I think the 1mm applicator is still thick, I think the gloss tones it down nicely.
This is brush applied without the gloss coat.
1588518476119.png

Was this supposed to be an effect of the metal formed on the real plane, or just an odd paint scheme?

Yes, just like the cowling on the Spirit of St Louis. Except the Spirit was done machine style, repetitive. This is very random.

I think I'm likin' this.
1588549405764.png

1588549427862.png

Very bright yes but when gloss coat over and then some weathering it'll tone down, much like our modulation techniques don't you think?

That's how Revell did the 1/48 Spirit of St. Louis, a decal. I wonder what process the Germans used to make the tooling marks. It's not like the rotary swirls on US engine turned aluminum.

That's how Revell did the 1/48 Spirit of St. Louis, a decal. I wonder what process the Germans used to make the tooling marks. It's not like the rotary swirls on US engine turned aluminum.
I had read somewhere it was hand turned, hence the randomness.

Back