• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon's Initial Production Tiger I (Whitewash)

DioRandy

h56f0962.jpg

I'd always wanted to try my hand at a whitewash, so I used Dragon's Initial Production Tiger I SPzAbt 502 Leningrad 1943 (6252) for my experiment. It's a great 3 in 1 kit, which includes a nice sprue of photo-etch parts and a metal barrel. It was a bit pricey, but worth every penny. This is the kit wearing its base coat.

ha6648f9.jpg

Here it is after employing the hairspray technique, which worked out quite well. Basically, you apply a coat of hairspray over the base coat, then a coat of white paint over the hairspray. Then, you apply a little water and carefully brush away at it with a clean brush until the white paint begins to wear off. On a real vehicle, the whitewash wears off on the flat surfaces and where crew members or riders scuff it off as they climb off and on the vehicle.

h4db2070.jpg

Here it is with its crew, in their winter whites, and a group of riders, sporting a variety of uniform combinations, made possible because some were reversible.

Dragon's Initial Production Tiger I

Yes, I intend on setting it on a base, but I haven't been able to fashion one that I like, yet. The groundwork needs to reflect a muddy, torn up field.

Dragon's Initial Production Tiger I

Looking good, Randy. Welcome back. :drinks

Back