• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Double D's Jugs Buddy Build

razordws

Edit: SA Dave and I are going to do a buddy build for this one. I'm doing the one below and SA Dave is going to do a P-47N also in 1/72 (kit?) Hopefully he will have his start up photo posted soon.

Next up on the plate will be this one. :yipee OOB with the kit markings.

01P47_zps5d8ded5d.jpg

It's not a goat but I'm sure The nose art will get Chef's attention. :eek:hmy:

P-47 D-30 Ball's Out

Wanna do another Double Dave I have an P47N that I can do for this one in 72 :geek

P-47 D-30 Ball's Out

Great choice of kit & scheme. Love the 405th FG machines.

Ian

P-47 D-30 Ball's Out

Looking forward to it Dave! (y)

Also, in case anyone is wondering what the term "Balls Out" means, it means full throttle. In these WW2 fighters when you shoved the balls on the throttle quadrant all the way forward towards the firewall you were full throttle or "balls out". :pilot

P-47 D-30 Ball's Out

Another piece of trivia. If you hear in a movie or whatever the term "Gate" it means they have broken through the safety wire and gone full throttle. Safety wire kept a pilot in the safe range of throttle movement. Going beyond meant an inspection had to be done because of over temping and over revving the engine.
James

P-47 D-30 Ball's Out

James, my uncle had a story about the gate when he was shipped back to Canada briefly for a bond drive. They took a bunch of dignitaries up in a Lancaster over Lake Ontario. I can't recall the whole story but they were showing off and cut power to two engines but then couldn't restart them and then didn't have enough power to get back up to altitude. They had to pry the safety bar off the throttles to get the power they needed.

Back