• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Double D's Jugs Buddy Build

Decals are on! :yipee

11P47_zps2e13713d.jpg

12P47_zpsfee62121.jpg

Very cool nose art, is this available in 48 scale? the nose art I mean.

I really don't know Geoff. Hopefully someone else here can tell you if there is.

Almost done. Just some weathering and a top coat. Should have some time tomorrow to wrap it up.

Geoff

Cannot remember the sheet numbers but Aeromaster did almost all the 404th FG over four or five sheets. Pretty sure Eagle Strike did aswell. Just use the 'advanced search' option at www.hannants.co.uk - Item type/decals, key word/"balls", scale/1:48

Have a look, if they have it, you'll find it. If it is there, drop me a PM or an eMail, I'll add it on to my next order, and send it on to you.

Ian

First finished build of the year is in the books. :drinks

For some reason the masking tape on the canopy reacted with the future and I had to scrub/scrap it all off. Probably the primer coat that I used but I've used that primer before. :idonno

Enjoy!

21P47_zpsa125092d.jpg

20P47_zps8ea41832.jpg

18P47_zpseed21fe2.jpg

17P47_zps4ad81d62.jpg

16P47_zpsaf030785.jpg

15P47_zpsc0be455c.jpg

13P47_zps738b8bb6.jpg

Question for you photo guru's out there. I've noticed a loss of quality when I take images from photobucket to here. Is there an optimum image size I should be using when posting here? Do the images get sampled down if they are too large? They look fine in photobucket.

Whitening effect??

:popcorn
The aluminium oxidising on the plane I experimented with hairspray and then fogging on diluted white matt acrilic paint. Then remove the stepped on and used areas like around the gun bays so they are still brighter aluminium. I am happy with the effect but it will be better on my next P47 as I will control the fogging more.

Back