• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Double D's Jugs Buddy Build

Davey, Beware the joint on the belly of your N. This one is the best P-47 N, so far, but I filed the dickens out of the fuselage join at the back of the wing assembly.

All nice and shiny! :coolio

I decided I was going to give the Tamiya rattle cans a try with this but unfortunately I bought the wrong can of silver. I bought the bright silver instead of the silver leaf and it just didn't look right so rather than spending another $10 on a rattle can I went back to what I know which is using the Citadel paints. In this case I used Runefang Steel. If I get ambitious I'll try to shade some of the panels but I already have a lot of trim colors to paint with the red on the cowl and tail as well as the OD anti glare panel so we'll see what happens after that.

06P47_zps3a348ca4.jpg

05P47_zps351d9158.jpg

Now where's that sa Dave. I know he's madly working away on his but isn't posting any progress pics so that he can blind side me with his finished build... :fencing

Looking damn nice Dave (y)
Wish I was trying to blind side you, my eyes are screwy again and I cant model at the moment :vmad

Nice shinny base coat. Even if you had some SNJ powder , you could enhance the panels. :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

Looking damn nice Dave (y)
Wish I was trying to blind side you, my eyes are screwy again and I cant model at the moment :vmad

That sucks Dave. Hope you can get back to the bench sometime soon.

More Shiny MP??? :hmmm

Don't have the SNJ stuff Christian but thanks for the suggestion.

Managed to paint the OD and the red today. The auto correct on the photoshop made the red more vibrant than it is. I do want to try some panel shading so stay tuned.

07P47_zpseaecdf5a.jpg

08P47_zpse02f43be.jpg

Great progress Dave, the right shade, It looks great to me. :coolio

All the best!
Dusan.

Thanks guys! :drinks

Did some panel shading today and I am pretty happy with the results for my first attempt. The contrast of the panel shades is more stark in the photos than in real life. Need to take some daylight photos when I get a chance and the weather cooperates. Anyway, future is on too so we'll start on the decals next.

09P47_zpsc1441012.jpg

10P47_zpsa2256a3d.jpg

Back