• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Der Rote Kampfflieger

There is always THAT jerk who says: That green is 2 angstroms off... tell'm to bugger off! I got paired with a rivet counter while judging, They guy was a complete jerk. This was right after I got back from Iraq, the urge to obliterate him was strong.

Why can't a model just be a model?

Looking Great MP! :vgood::vgood::vgood::vgood:

Never concern yourself with the Jacklegs! They're a dime a dozen! Most of them couldn't build a paper airplane. That's why they are self appointed judges!

Experience speaking here! :popcorn

I just discovered the What's New thread! I'm old, takes me awhile you know! Nice feature!

Dad

Wow, that looks nice.

Jsut don't put the Wehrmacht decals on the crates and I think you'll be fine. They had wood back then, right?

Wow, that looks nice.

Jsut don't put the Wehrmacht decals on the crates and I think you'll be fine. They had wood back then, right?

And dirt. :bigrin:

Only problem I have with the "What's New" is that there are usually more threads that have new posts than show up without clicking the "View More" button. If it would show another 5 threads I would be happy with it.

And dirt. :bigrin:

Only problem I have with the "What's New" is that there are usually more threads that have new posts than show up without clicking the "View More" button. If it would show another 5 threads I would be happy with it.
I have no idea what that means.

Does anything in this say it's NOT 1917? I don't want some jackleg coming around and saying "Those are 88mm ammo crates"...(which they are but shhh).

Yet, they ARE 88mm ammunition crates! :D I can see oil cans thanks to the engine but what are the reasons for other crates on the taxiway? Makeshift table to work on something? ;)

As for ammunition boxes, I can't check these links on eBay (from work) but the Spandau 08/15 was used after the war. If these boxes are from The Great War, you might be able to rustle up some using WWII boxes.
1590583089714.png

Box 1 which looks like US 30 Cal box

1590583104251.png

Box 2 which seems identical to WWII German 7.92

Last, here is the ammunition box from the Triplane (in case you want to scratch one to place next to it and clearly tell a ammo resupply story):
1590582998958.png

Regards,

Back