• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Der Rote Kampfflieger

Actually with the Matt’s you can use both! Cut them and use the low one to show plane and path marks and the higher one for other less traveled areas.
I get what you're talking about Doc but the differences between the two is just too stark.
It would be hard to cut the matt and add it to what I have,
1590024384068.png

There's a pretty thick backing to the matt but what I think Iwill do is try to cut some of the longer and colorful stuff from the matt onto the base I got started.

I get what you're talking about Doc but the differences between the two is just too stark.
It would be hard to cut the matt and add it to what I have, View attachment 123285
There's a pretty thick backing to the matt but what I think Iwill do is try to cut some of the longer and colorful stuff from the matt onto the base I got started.

I mix and match the mats all the time, go for it!

From the pics I found there isnt a lot of rutting. They rolled it but I dont know how often. Also these birds could be damaged by furrows or nose over if there is too much of a dip. Just my thoughts.

Some bare spots with thin grass and some tufts of weeds would stop the pool table effect. Maybe a stone or two, mostly buried, of course?

I think James is right, the field would be pretty matted down and wire spoked wheels on wood frames didn't take much abuse. Plus these things were not that heavy.
I'll come up with 2.0 version shortly.

Are you having fun? Sure looks it to me! Looking good so far!
Need sharper scissors, totally get what you're talking about now.

For the record, I cut off the grass and stuff off the backing and mashed it down in the the glue mix. I wanted that trampled look.

Well I'm right pleased.

1590151447643.png

1590151524344.png

1590151536545.png

Playing with the auto stuff on google photos
1590151598518.png

The bare areas will be where I put the maintenance junk.

Messed around in the shop this am and wedged the base in it's frame.

1590162903370.png

Now to make some junk to spread around, gotta figure out how to mount the plane. Pins in the tail and wheels or just glue it up and try and camouflage it? I will have some chocks on the wheels.

Question,
1590505431691.png

Does anything in this say it's NOT 1917? I don't want some jackleg coming around and saying "Those are 88mm ammo crates"...(which they are but shhh).

Back