• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Compass Rose.

paddy

Well-known member
Probably one of my all time great war movies was the Cruel sea. It was a prescribed book in English classes at school and the film was just so atmospheric and of the Era. Being in black and white helped and they managed to find authentic British weather and north Atlantic seas.
Revel do a RN Corvette 1/144 scale. I dont know it its accurate or any good but its cheap. I have looked a t a few builds and they seem to turn out OK and i dont see anything that might be a problem for a 1st time ship builder.
What i do notice is the railings ladders and general fittings are a bit clunky but could be remade in soldered brass. I think `1/144 would be to large for flat PE on thinks like railings.

I would guess if a railing was about 50mm or 2" it would be about .0035" in scale which is about the size of the wire i use for motorcycle spokes..
shopping (2).jpg


unfortunately the only survivor is in Canada and with the price of petrol at the moment that's a long drive :) .

Just thinking out loud at the moment.
 
The great Jack Hawkins. I caught this movie back when we had Turner Classic movies but now we're streaming everything you don't get the random unknown movies.

Bet you money there's a PE set for this boat.
 
PONTOSMODEL has this large brass, PE and wood set for the kit. It is in stock at Hobby Decal (Korea), BNA Model World (Aus), MBK (Ger), Sprue Brothers (US) and Squadron (US). There are some other shops that have it as well.

And when it comes down to it, you only need one kidney.

Cheers,
RichB
 
Holy crap! Might as well get a brass halftrack! I don't know Paddy, with your skills you could break out the soldiering iron and some brass stock and have a go.
 
Back
Top