• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Chris' B-25H and some goodies

This being Sunday I did not get much time in the play room but I did find a few minutes to spray the elevators with the Vallejo gray primmer followed somewhat latter with the Future/Tamiya OD mixture and after a couple light passes it already looked better than the rest of the airframe does.
I guess that validates my previous thought about primers. I like this stuff ! :)

elevators_190_b.jpg

A few minutes latter I altered the OD as a test for tomorrow's painting and shot a couple light passes again. Sorry about the fuzzy picture but it's about color anyway. You'll get the idea.

elevators_191_c.jpg

That's all for tonight folks. Comments welcome...

Cheers, Christian B)

Hopefully, this is not too funny, but the fun has started. :)

I applied a couple of coats of progressively faded OD. paint today . I'm letting it dry some before I apply some future and continue with the paint job.

fading_001a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Well, this is what I have been doing today. pretending that this airplane was getting sun baked in the Pacific.

Shades_of_OD_001a.jpg

This OD paint faded so badly that fabric covered surfaces sometimes faded to nearly a pink hue...

Shades_of_OD_002a.jpg

I hope to get it sealed with Future tomorrow so that I can abuse it more.

Cheers, Christian B)

Hello all, gee, it took longer than I realized to get all that airplane masked off.

Today, I finally got to shoot some ( unnamed gray paint ) down on the Valleo primmer. All that sure went on good. Sort of interesting to make good paint look bad.

gray_colors_002a.jpg

Strangely enough the camera does not quite capture the subtle shades that the eye is capable of seeing.

Next is pulling off all the masking and some Future. It's gonna take a while ... :unsure:

masking_001a.jpg

Going to clean it now . More latter. Comments are welcome.

Cheers, Christian B)

Hello all, gee, it took longer than I realized to get all that airplane masked off.

Today, I finally got to shoot some ( unnamed gray paint ) down on the Valleo primmer. All that sure went on good. Sort of interesting to make good paint look bad.

gray_colors_002a.jpg

Strangely enough the camera does not quite capture the subtle shades that the eye is capable of seeing.

Next is pulling off all the masking and some Future. It's gonna take a while ... :unsure:

masking_001a.jpg

Going to clean it now . More latter. Comments are welcome.

Cheers, Christian B)

Looking good Chris.

:popcorn

Hi Chris,

I haven't written much but I'm following closely this build of your's and it is coming along very nicely! Great paint job up 'til now: your B-25 is really looking the part! (y)

Cheers and keep up the good job! B)
Fernao

Thanks guys, I appreciate your support. I think I have caught a bug from MP. this week, getting my first decal all askew and no matter how hard I tried could not pull it off with masking tape.

( eat your heart out Bob ! ) I finally had to sand the tail section back down and I'm still recovering.

Pictures of the dilemma soon. :sick:

Cheers, Christian B)

Have no fear I might move at the speed of mud at times but giving up is not my style.

This is what the decals looked like after repeatedly trying to pry off the # 4 . I tried everything but duck tape , to no avail . ( eat your heart out Bob )

problems_and_fixes_001a.jpg

Of course if I was trying to save it , it would have fallen off ! :( So, the sandpaper came out ...

problems_and_fixes_002a.jpg

After a good bit of fiddling latter , this is what it looks like. Ready for decals again. Gonna let it dry good and work on some small stuff for now.

problems_and_fixes_003a.jpg

I was looking at Mr. T's SBS on getting mud on your wheels, and this is my attempt at getting the tires dirty.

problems_and_fixes_008a.jpg

Guess he did not get too far in the dirt. Hard to guestimate the mud in this scale . :sick:

Still working the props and the struts. Pictures sonn.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back