• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Chris' B-25H and some goodies

I kinda liked the look of the 4 as it was. Nice chipping, little out of whonk..

Still looks good, the tire looks great!

I don't know if Moon is just kidding, but in all my ignorance, Chris, I too liked the chipped look of that # 4 on the tail section of your B-25 - wouldn't that correspond to the wear'n tear of the real planes during the war? :hmmm

Anyway, this build of your's is looking mighty fine! :dude

Cheers!
Fernao

Hello everyone,

I have been working on bits and pieces to this B-25. The updates are not Earth shaking but before long, all these pieces will go together for a complete bird.

Hope you enjoy,

I was about to paint the various doors when I realized the gear doors were enormously thick, so I took the PE and glued them to some .01o card stock and trimmed to the PE.
Some paint latter , this is the outcome.

more_stuff_002a.jpg

I posed one of the original doors to the right for comparison .

Next up were the Props. Pretty much straight up.

components_002.JPG

I added some brake lines and the landing gear links to the struts. Some much needed dirt .

more_stuff_006a.jpg

Now, it's time for some Wright R-2600's...

more_stuff_004a.jpg

I started with the very nice Aires engines . Unfortunately they need a good many home grown parts to look believable.

So, after some paint, 14 push rod tubes and enough ignition wires were added to make it look scary.

more_stuff_003a.jpg

Next, came the taming of the spaghetti and the ignition wire collar. Did not do much for my nerves, but here is the finished product.

wright_R-2600_001a.jpg

Think I need a couple of Ritas before I start building the second one . :drinks

Hope you enjoy. Comments always welcomed .

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi Chris, The wheels, tires and struts all look great with your extra details :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

The doors and props look great Too!! Then you toss in that motor (y) (y) (y)

Love the whole update!!

Randy

Thanks for taking the time to look Randy . The struts and tires for this airplane are very well detailed but as I'm sure you know, they always beg for a bit more.

These Aires engines are very well cast as well but it seemed more difficult to detail than any kit engines I have done. I'm happy withe final outcome though.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for looking in Bob. Does not have as many gadgets as the P-51 or the Wildcat...Oh , wait a minute. They're there , you just can't see them :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Here's the next little baby steps . Sorry, I should have done this before.

Here's a newly painted R-2600 from Aires . Just need a few push rod tubes, ignition wire and a harness.

new_r-2600_001.JPG

You do see them don't you ? Well, needs a bit of cutting, gluing and painting :snoopy

Cheers, Christian B)

Well, time to post something. These Hasegawa decals have been a major problem.

They both want to roll up and want to also fall apart. I had hoped to locate some after market decals but to no avail. :(

The three closest hobby shops here are 45 minutes in different direction and none seem to ever have all the needed supplies at any given time. :bang head

Yesterday, I was lucky in running across what I was hoping would be the answer: Microscale decal film.

B-25_Decals_001a.jpg

That has proven to work but all decal bit act different than the last and have to be manipulated one at a time until it settles into place. Very time consuming . :(

Even Solvaset had to be used. I am no longer sure if I will finish in time considering how much time has been lost on this issue.

Cheers, Christian B)

I have a little bit of Champs Decal solution left...VERY little. Wonder what it would do for ya?

Not sure, I've never used it and I have run out of time to go down there to get it. Still a good many things to do before I have a finished product.
May have to delay Christmas till 2012 and all that goes with it :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

Funny- my set went on without a hitch. The only problem was with the ones at the nose- but Solvaset eventually won the day. Never give up! Never surrender! :v

I have a little bit of Champs Decal solution left...VERY little. Wonder what it would do for ya?

It would melt the Hasegawa decals! The decals are thick and soft. They seem to be rubbery, at least that is my experience.

Christian, I found the set of national insignias should you need them.

Regards,

Back