• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bf 110G-4 in-progress

Thanks for the comments!

Work on this one will be slow the next couple of weeks, there are so many irons in the fire at the moment the Bf 110 is getting pushed aside but my next plan for it is painting the upper surface camouflage scheme.

Matrixone

Thanks Gator!

The painting of the upper surfaces has started, RLM 75 has been sprayed on the wings and tail plane. I did a bit more fading of the RLM 75 than I would normally do, the aircraft I am modeling had pretty worn looking paint on it and maybe even had some re-painting here and there.

h8353c4f.JPG

hbe468ae.JPG

h1226941.JPG

Next I will paint on the RLM 74 to complete the camouflage on the wings.

Matrixone

And thank YOU for taking time to comment on the work.

In a day or two there should be much more to look at.

Matrixone

Thanks for the comments guys!

Paul,
The markings I chose for the 110 is < G9+DC, I am using Aeromaster decals and the instructions claim the aircraft was flown by II./NJG 7 but my Kagero book on the Bf 110 claims this same aircraft was used by II./NJG 1, I think the Kagero book is correct.

Today the RLM 74 segments were sprayed on the wings and I will wait until tomorrow to decide how much paint fading I might need to do on the RLM 74.
Also done today was assembly and painting of the flame dampers, while I had the airbrush out I went ahead and weathered them too.
If the weather improves tomorrow I should get some new in-progress pictures.

Matrixone

I finished painting on the camouflage pattern on the wings and tail plane and also did some paint fading of the RLM 74.

h5184979.JPG

The wheels have been painted and weathered.

h638ecf3.jpg

The exhaust flame dampers were also painted and weathered but the weathering can't be seen in this picture.

h78ede25.JPG

The propellers are seen here during a dry fit.

h3a596c9.JPG

h85f769d.JPG

Matrixone

Looking very nice . Really curious as to what these cooling tubes looked like in use :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for the comments!

Christian,
I don't think the flame dampers ever got to the point to where they glowed but no doubt they were very hot while the engines were running.

The basic camouflage for the 110 was finished up this morning, between the 109 and this model I spent about two hours airbrushing but the funny thing is it only felt like 20 minutes or under...when a job like this seems like time disappeared you know it was fun. :good:

The RLM 74 was painted on to complete the camouflage pattern and I used the airbrush to add some sun fading and wear and tear, it looks overdone at the moment but after the markings and clear coat are on the model it will not be that noticeable.

hbda3554.JPG

h753d2e1.JPG

hc734ed0.JPG

hbf63a2e.JPG

Matrixone

Back