• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/144 B-2 Stealth Bomber

Press on with one hinge, you think you can fabricate new hinge on what you got?

This is just too close and too nice to not press forward. :soldier

mW3eSOd.jpg

Press on with one hinge, you think you can fabricate new hinge on what you got?

This is just too close and too nice to not press forward. :soldier

Thanks Bob and Dave! Yeah - I certainly wasn't planning to quit on this, so close to the end, but I'm still thinking about how to deal with the broken hinge. After I get the nose gear attached, I'll see how much of that is visible and determine if I am going to scratch a new hinge then graft it on or just attach the door as is. :hmmm Should know more tonight - stay tuned!

Mike

Tonight’s project was simple future coat followed by a flat coat. But we have potentially had a disaster. Something happened to my decals. All the walkways on the right side of the aircraft bubbled up after the coat of future! :bang head Only the walkways and only on the right hand side. Not sure I get that… :hmmm

h740cb63.JPG

So – I have tried something I hope will work. I ran a my hobby knife over the decals then bathed them in Solvaset. I’m hoping this will work. All I can say at this point is - @#$&! :vmad We'll see what we have in the morning.

Hoping for the best!

Anyone have any thoughts?

Mike

OUCH! Hope your fix works Mike. :popcorn

Thanks Dave - I looked this morning and it seems like the Solvaset did the job. I think there is going to be some silvering, but I'll know better after I get the flat coat down tonight. Wish I understood what happened. :hmmm

So – I have tried something I hope will work. I ran a my hobby knife over the decals then bathed them in Solvaset. I’m hoping this will work. All I can say at this point is - @#$&! :vmad We'll see what we have in the morning.

Hoping for the best!

Anyone have any thoughts?

Mike

That's exactly what I did on the Mirage when I had issues with a few of the decals. For the most part it worked pretty well. It may take a couple/few applications depending on how stubborn they are being.

Nothing is more infuriating to me than decals that won't behave! Well that and ghost seams. Hope it works out for you. I have not had much luck with that method. The trick I recently discovered that works for me every time is to apply a little Tamiya Extra thin to the problem area. Just a real light dab with the brush that you've almost gotten all the extra thin off. Certainly don't flood the area like you would with a solution. You have to be quick and not touch it with the brush at all after you apply it. It has worked every time for me. So far I have used it on bubbles, compound curves, and silvering.

Nothing is more infuriating to me than decals that won't behave! Well that and ghost seams. Hope it works out for you. I have not had much luck with that method. The trick I recently discovered that works for me every time is to apply a little Tamiya Extra thin to the problem area. Just a real light dab with the brush that you've almost gotten all the extra thin off. Certainly don't flood the area like you would with a solution. You have to be quick and not touch it with the brush at all after you apply it. It has worked every time for me. So far I have used it on bubbles, compound curves, and silvering.

Thanks Adam. Will that work after a flat coat has been applied?

Thanks Adam. Will that work after a flat coat has been applied?

Adam you're talking about almost a dry brush application?

Back