• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bf 110G-4 in-progress

Thanks guys! (y)

After getting sidetracked by a few things I returned to work on this model, in this set of in-progress pictures you can see much of the airframe is now assembled.
I still need to add the wingtips and a couple other things before I can spray on some paint to check some of the seam lines, if that checks out painting the model will follow soon after.

h723082f.JPG

h5c74e90.JPG

h076cc9a.JPG

h4946957.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks guys! (y)

Here is a picture of the 110 after the wingtips and some other parts were added, its looking okay now and I have started working on the canopy.
Unlike most other builds this model will have the canopy tacked on for painting the airframe and then removed so some of the more delicate small bits won't be broken off during painting and weathering then later on the clear parts will be re-attached.

One thing that I am NOT looking forward to is masking the canopy. :S

h76fac37.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks for looking!

Ian,
For now I have to make do with what I have on hand, the Eduard masks would be ideal for this type of model but can't afford them now. Right now I am happy to have Tamiya tape to work with.

Here you can see the dreaded masking of the canopy framework is now finished and some RLM 66 black gray has been sprayed on.
While I had a little extra RLM 66 I went ahead and sprayed that on some of the seam lines to double check if they have been sanded down properly.

hf4f6df1.JPG

h6f0edde.JPG

Matrixone

grand progress, Les. I just wished that there was a 32 G-4 out there other than the Revell one

Thanks guys!

Now that the drop tanks are assembled I am getting close to start painting on this model.

Here are the drop tanks, notice one of them has some dents and dings on it. My plan is to finish one of the drop tanks as nearly factory fresh and the other one will look like it has been in use for a long time with heavy weathering and some dents in it. I don't know if the aircraft I am modeling had this feature on it or not but it will at least make for a more interesting model.

hef40639.JPG

h8ed7cc6.JPG

h630b6e1.JPG

Matrixone

Back