• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bf 110G-4 in-progress

Not unusual for tanks to get a ding or two. I have seen pictures of Luftwaffe bird with tanks that looked pretty ragged . :blush:

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks to all for looking in!

Most of the pre-shading is done on the Bf 110G-4.

h3a78343.JPG

h4be1c30.JPG

hd7383de.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks very much Ed!

Work on this model will be slow for a few more days, the Ki-48 is going so smooth now I want to go ahead and close that one out before painting the Bf 110.

Matrixone

Thanks again Luiz!

The pre-shading has been toned down and propellers and spinners are assembled and painted.

hebc25f1.JPG

The spinner backplates were painted 2/3 RLM 70 and 1/3 white while the spinner itself is painted in RLM 76.

hc853242.JPG

hfa75f4c.JPG

Matrixone

Very nice, Les. Love the 'toning' on the various panels and panel lines. Very effective.

Ian.

Thanks Ian!
I always try to have the pre-shading on each side of the model look different from one another, it helps to reduce the 'quilt' effect that I see on various models posted on other model sites.
Pre-shading gets a bad rap by most modelers but I feel if used with restraint it can help a WWII era model look more interesting.

Matrixone

Back