• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMT '67 Mustang Fastback--Completed 05/20

Do you apply gloss coat before or after bare metal foil?
I've only glossed before hand once....on my very first auto model when re-entering the auto world in 2014. After that I've always apply afterwards to seal it all in. The model is easier to handle while working with it the latter way so the BMF doesn't come off.

Thanks fellas. Sorry for the late reply. Just got a little busy over the last few weeks as graduations are happening and my son wrecked his dang truck that we JUST got for him 6 months ago. So now that's in the body shop getting the dang frame pulled and I'm locating panels / bumpers etc. for it.

Concentrating some of my efforts on the rear panel now. I looked at the fuel cap fit on the panel and it was just waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too thick. Probably a scale 4-5 inches thick which is not the way it should be.
I mean look…here it is on mine:

the one one the right is how far it WOULD have stuck out. So I broke out the sandpaper and went to work. The one on the left is about how it SHOULD be…

and I’ve also got the tail light chrome bezels all cut out and formed.

The Taillights look like bottomless pits too! I'm sure the end result will be stellar, just like the rest of your Mustang. You inspire me to build my old 1970 Torino GT.
1/24th scale? ME?! Imagine how long that would take a ship modeler?! :lol::stinker:

Thanks Chris!! LOL!! Bust that Torino out man.

Here's the completed rear panel. I did NOT like those stupid little bumperettes that stem from the rear bumper down along side of the license plate. I never did like those things and sure as hell never had any on my 1:1 scale car. I cut those off, stripped the chrome from the bumper, cleaned the bumper up and re-chromed using the Alclad II method. I'm super happy with this outcome.

My old 1:1 car:

and the rear panel. License numbers and plate frame are carried over to this build:

spacer.png

Back