• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMT '67 Mustang Fastback--Completed 05/20

I really appreciate you guys and the comments that have been made. Mom passed away on the 23rd of January. She caught Covid in late December and it turned into Covid pneumonia. As it seems like alot of folks do, she didn't think she needed to go to the doctor and argued with my dad over it until he got his gut full and called 911 to have the medics come to her. They all convinced her that she needed to go in finally and within hours she was put on a ventilator for the next 10 days. It was simply too late though as her kidneys and other organs started shutting down on the 10th day. When dad gave the word to take her off of the ventilator she passed away peacefully 10 minutes later with all of us gathered around her as she passed. We buried her on Thursday in my hometown with more than 200 people present for the funeral.

I brought my family back to Corpus and went back up to Bowie the next day to spend a week with my dad which turned out to be a very good thing so I haven't been on her in a while. I'll be getting my feet wet around here once again and posting pretty soon fellas.

Sorry to hear of your loss Mustang1989.

My mom of 94 years passed quite suddenly on Jan 3rd. She had also ended up with pneumonia and had a sudden heart attack with all the up/down from the EMT's getting her on the gurney. They were able to maintain her long enough for me and my daughter to get to Kansas City to see her and for her to see us and say good bye. She passed quite quickly once they took her off the B-pap that was forcing her to breathe.

Take your time and keep in touch. We will be here.

Loosing your mum is something we all know is going to happen but that makes it no easier when it happens. We all deal with it differently but in my case i managed to convince myself that the great life she had was something to be happy about while my brother went down the sad route at losing her..
I Look forward to seeing you back here soon Mustang :)

Ok fellas. In the time that I've been away I've gotten the interior mostly finished.

1647360425018.png

Looks slick! Glad you're stickin' with this. :burnout
Thanks Bob. It's not my style to abandon builds. I have done it once or twice but it's gotta be pretty close to being an impossible build for me to not finish one. lol

This car is definitely "near & dear" to me so you'll definitely see this one cross the finish line. ;)

Back in the saddle again! Good for YOU! That Looks Almost Real!! :vgood:
Thanks Chris. Knowing ALOT about these cars lends itself to near perfection when building. If I knew nothing of this car I'd probably already be done with the whole thing. lol

Every now and then people in business will take the time to listen to a consumer and make necessary changes. I spoke with Eric Oberhofer at Round 2 at the beginning of September in regards to the AMT 67 Mustang Fastback issues. One of the issues involved the tires that came in the kit which were Firestone Super Sports tires instead of the Firestone Wide O Oval tires that were on the box top. He had mentioned that he was going to bring this issue up in the next board meeting. Meanwhile I had received a set of Wide O Oval decals from a friend of mine on the forums. After removing the Super Sports logos from the sides of the tires and had applied those, however, they looked too big and I was left scratching my head at what I was going to do next. I decided to go down to Hobby Lobby and purchase another kit and use the Super Sports tires...........BUT............when I opened the box of the newly purchased kit I found..........a set of Wide O Oval tires now in the box!!!!!! A BIG shout out goes to Eric and the Round 2 team involved in making this change.

Before the change this is what came in the box....

GFW0dd.jpg

and this is now what comes in the box. Here mounted on my newly painted & detailed wheels. Just gotta spin the tires up on a socket in my drill to give that tire tread a worn look.

GXACJu.jpg

Back