• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Aichi B7A2 Grace By Sword Model

Nailed it Chris! Very aggressive looking bird ain't she?

I think it has a good look to it Bob. One of their more advanced single engine aircraft.

Not so much purpose built like some of their earlier designs but a compromise of several things like the gull wind design and the fact that it also had a sling inside inside the bomb bay for what I would think would probably indicate a dive bombing capability. :pilot

Grace__other_stuff_001a.jpg

And looking at it, I get the impression that the instructions might have it backwards from the way it would see to work .

Cheers, Christian B)

Very, very, Very Nice ... excellent paint & detail work Chris .... she's ready to go looking for Targets ... :pilot :pilot :pilot

Dear Chris.

Fantastic model!...the weathering looks perfect,very well done :good:

Do you known why the assymetrical torpedo position?

Top work! (y)

Luiz

Luiz, I did not read this anywhere as nearly all airplane books concerning their own birds are written in Japanese which I cannot read.

From a common sense point of view, I can see three reasons for that installation.

#1 , the torpedo is probably four feet too long to fit in the bomb bay

Grace__other_stuff_002a.jpg

#2 , moving it to the side provided a bit more ground clearance at the fins

Grace_014a.jpg

#3 , the fish is so long that it is a snug fit between the left inboard gear door and the lower chin radiator.

Grace__other_stuff_003a.jpg

A probable fourth reason might be where it attached to the airplane ( the bomb bat doors) . I think that point would better support the weight than the center where the door would open .

Hope that helps . Cheers, Christian .

That's beautiful, Christian- cheers! It makes me think of balsa freeflight models I'd seen long ago. Very nice work on the torpedo mounting. Can't wait to see the weathering on the undersides and that deck! ;)

Thanks Chuck . Always a pleasure to hear from you :good:

How about that P-38L build from your friend with the same name :woohoo:

Cheers, Christian B)

Six pigments and three oils paints latter , I thing I've got it .
Nope, it did not take me this long but stuff keeps interfering with my modeling :frantic

Grace_-_More_dirt_002a.jpg

Grace_-_More_dirt_003a.jpg

Grace_-_More_dirt_001a.jpg

Now, all I have to do is reinstall the pitot I knocked off and the now
broken antenna and I'm done :woohoo:

Cheers, Christian B)

Chris you should check out making those brass antenna, I bumped the one I made for the Jug and it nearly put a puncture wound on me. :rotf

Mighty fine streakin' big guy. (y)

Thanks Bob.

I have made metal one of and on for years for that very reason . I had not planed on this extra work :vmad and the plastic one looked fine.

I know exactly where to rob a spare. That will be quicker ( I hope ) :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Beautiful work! She was a land based bomber. By the time she became operational, all the large carriers that could handle her were on the bottom.

Chris you should check out making those brass antenna, I bumped the one I made for the Jug and it nearly put a puncture wound on me. :rotf

Mighty fine streakin' big guy. (y)

I have instant adhesive for that wound Mister . No doctor's excuse needed. :good:

Good idea , those metal antennas . surprised no one is offering any but I have to admit, they are all for a particular bird .
Just package them with the brass barrels would work. :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Back