• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Aichi B7A2 Grace By Sword Model

Great looking build Christian! Sorry a little late to the party, but what colors did you use for the green and gray? I have a grace as well and the only color suggestions i could find are either WEM colorcoat or Xtracolors. Neither of which can be shipped to the states anymore it seems. :angry:

Thanks
Mike

Mike, I used Tamiya paints . Gray = XF-12 (4) + xf-2 (1 )
Navy green = XF-70 (9) + XF-8 (2 )

Good grief what a lousy writing program. It wont let you keep symbols in their proper places.
shoot.gif

Let me know if you don't understand this.

I love Tamiyas and is even better Gunzes

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Christian! Easy enough instructions. sorry it took so long to respond, somehow lost the bubble on this build. Turning into a real winner!

Mike

Great looking build Christian! Sorry a little late to the party, but what colors did you use for the green and gray? I have a grace as well and the only color suggestions i could find are either WEM colorcoat or Xtracolors. Neither of which can be shipped to the states anymore it seems. :angry:

Thanks
Mike

Hey Mike, Mark's Models and Toys had Xtracrylix (by Xtracolor) at the show last weekend. Here's a link if you still are looking for that paint. http://www.starfighter-decals.com/xtracrylix-paint.html

Looking good, Chris! :drinks

Thanks Mike, I'll defiantly check them out.

Thanks
Mike

Hey Mike, Mark's Models and Toys had Xtracrylix (by Xtracolor) at the show last weekend. Here's a link if you still are looking for that paint. http://www.starfighter-decals.com/xtracrylix-paint.html

Looking good, Chris! :drinks

Thanks Mike, I'll defiantly check them out.

Thanks Mike and Mike for following this never ending build :facepalm

I actually thought that I had come to the end of this road but you will see I was just confused :frantic

Cheers, Christian B)

As I said, I thought I had arrived at the end but not so . :(

I just discovered that between the flash card the computer and myself we have lost several pictures in cyberspace :vmad

Of course now, the computer does not see anything new on the card . I will resolve that issue tomorrow .

Thanks Mike, tonight I could use Grace more that a Rita :drinks

Grace_010a.jpg

I also discovered that the lower parts of this bird are still pristine :coolio That is so not me...I'll fix that tomorrow as well .

Grace_014a.jpg

Sorry for the delay. Cheers, Christian B)

Finally rescued the missing pictures . Not nearly as easy with my laptop as the desktop but we got there :laugh:

These last few days , I added some of the final items . The cables that secure the torpedo , the sliding transparencies the antenna mast and of course the ever pesky antenna wires .

The Kit provided a very nice mount and gun but It won't fit in the stowed position , so I just left it out :frantic

Grace_009a.jpg

Grace_011a.jpg

Grace_012a.jpg

Grace_013a.jpg

Grace_again_004a.jpg

Grace_again_003a.jpg

Grace_again_002a.jpg

I am still not totally happy with the transparencies but after several attempts at making them near perfect I give up . I'm not able to do these any better :(

I will try to finish the bottom latter today and post the final pictures :)

A bit of a bugger but still better than the older Fujimi version . Hope you like it .

Cheers, Christian B)

Gorgeous Chris. I see the torp is off center. Could they carry 2?
James

They were not capable of a double carry . I doubt that anything could even be carried internally when a torpedo was mounted since the associated equipment was mounted to the doors.

Incidentally , I had to do a lot of looking around since the 1/48 Hasegawa kit has it mounted on the right side.

Fujimi did not offer one but the people at Sword got it right.

Cheers, Christian B)

When did you get the flight deck? Looking good Chris :pilot

Thanks Bob :) I've had the flight deck for a good while now but have been too lazy to weather it . Besides there's usually a couple of birds sitting on it in the cabinet.
Just seemed the easy way to move this hunk around for the pictures

The Grace came out so late in the war I don't think there were any carriers left for them, so they were land based for the duration.

Cheers, Christian B)

Dear Chris.

Fantastic model!...the weathering looks perfect,very well done :good:

Do you known why the assymetrical torpedo position?

Top work! (y)

Luiz

From the head-on shot, it looks like there might be a centerline radiator or other scoop? Might that be why?

I know the scoop on my night fighter Me-110 made it so one of the four exhaust pipes had to be opposite the other four and lay on top of the wing...

Back