• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy Mig 21 MF 1/48

One thing that bugged me was the landing lights on the kit ..... I wish and might I suggest using shiny aluminum foil inside the light area for the reflector ..... Silver paint sucks ........ :eek:ldguy

That's a good tip, thanks!

Did these fold down on landing??

I had answered you on page two of your build, kind of a vague post, Yes they did, fold down I'll see if I can find my walk around, in rearranging the War Room Lots to find, How in the world do you start off with one model, & amass so many ?

This is some mighty fine workmanship on this bird ... :woohoo: (y) :popcorn

Thanks Gerry!!

Hi bob,

Can I be a total pain in the you know what and ask that you move or link this over to Second Chance Deja Vu as well??

A small update tonight, was hoping for a bigger one!

I broke down and ordered some Montex masks for this kit as I thought masking the coloured rubber around the canopy would be troublesome....and I was feeling lazy!

Anyway, they arrived today! These things are awesome compared to Eduard masks! they even come with interior masks so you can spray the interior directly rather than just painting the outside first!

i started to put them on (there's a set first so you can spray the rubber and then a second set to mask the rubber) and got my big fat thumb print on the main canopy. So had to future one side again and wait for that to dry!! :bang head

:huh: :blink don't mind me :drool :drool :hmmm Got a link? (y)

I'm sure there is a link Ed but I haven't gone looking for it. Got these ones off Ebay from A-modeler in Australia!

Thanks for continuing to follow to everyone else!

Another little update!

Got the masks on

Painted the outside rubber gasket and the inside russian green

attached them. Had to grind down the IP quite a bit to get this to fit. I'm going to leave the main canopy open

Did the pre-shading and painted the underside and the gear bays!

and before all that I attached the UB-32 rocket pods. Putting the big ones on her!

Thanks guys!

Got the camo on over the last couple nights. Did the brown free hand after I grew silly (tired) of trying to use Silly Putty :gogo

Did run into 1 issue though, the blue/grey paint peeled a bit when I removed my masks! Haven't had this happen in about 5 years!

:bang head

I'll have to do a bit of touch up before moving on....almost finished though!

Sorry folks,

had a couple technical difficulties with Photobucket. There was an issue with the download and I ended up with doubles. must have deleted the wrong ones...

I'll fix!

Thanks guys!

Got the camo on over the last couple nights. Did the brown free hand after I grew silly (tired) of trying to use Silly Putty :gogo

Did run into 1 issue though, the blue/grey paint peeled a bit when I removed my masks! Haven't had this happen in about 5 years!

:bang head

I'll have to do a bit of touch up before moving on....almost finished though!

Looks like it peeled down to the plastic, maybe some mold release still there?

Back