• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy Mig 21 MF 1/48

Hey Warren... how you going with this ??

Ian.

Not as far ahead as I would like to be!!

Just sanded a few seams and might need another round. Not sure if I'll make the deadline! Work has been crazy and flu season has started at the daycare so bench time has been minimal the last few weeks!!

Since I haven't got that far, I'll just distract you guys with a couple pics!!! :evil:

Well, here's to trying to distract you guys!! :woohoo:

Not sure what is the plan with this, if it's going to be wrapped up maybe Bob can port it over to the second chance deja view?

Anyway, had a day off after the tuna adventure and made some progress

Got the second round of filling and sanding done and then attached the landing gear and the hard mounts to the wings.

Also added the gun sight and went to work filing the holes beside my modified IP. Should have the canopy on next!

Sanded and smoothed the 130 gal drop tank and the UB-32 rocket pods

Then got the drop tank mounted and tested the wheels. She sits nicely!

Hoping to have some paint on her next!

Well, I have to go tuna tagging again all next week with work!

Bob, not sure if anyone else is still working on this but if you like, move it over to second chance deja view and I'll finish it up there!

Hi bob,

Can I be a total pain in the you know what and ask that you move or link this over to Second Chance Deja Vu as well??

A small update tonight, was hoping for a bigger one!

I broke down and ordered some Montex masks for this kit as I thought masking the coloured rubber around the canopy would be troublesome....and I was feeling lazy!

Anyway, they arrived today! These things are awesome compared to Eduard masks! they even come with interior masks so you can spray the interior directly rather than just painting the outside first!

i started to put them on (there's a set first so you can spray the rubber and then a second set to mask the rubber) and got my big fat thumb print on the main canopy. So had to future one side again and wait for that to dry!! :bang head

I only became aware of Montex a year ago . Still have not used a set but I am impressed by the fact that they offer a variety of options for the same kit .

Inside/outside of canopy or it can even include the aircraft markings, depending on your needs/wants .

A much nicer option then Eduards and a much friendlier price .

Cheers, Christian B)

One thing that bugged me was the landing lights on the kit ..... I wish and might I suggest using shiny aluminum foil inside the light area for the reflector ..... Silver paint sucks ........ :eek:ldguy

That's a good tip, thanks!

Did these fold down on landing??

I had answered you on page two of your build, kind of a vague post, Yes they did, fold down I'll see if I can find my walk around, in rearranging the War Room Lots to find, How in the world do you start off with one model, & amass so many ?

This is some mighty fine workmanship on this bird ... :woohoo: (y) :popcorn

Hi bob,

Can I be a total pain in the you know what and ask that you move or link this over to Second Chance Deja Vu as well??

A small update tonight, was hoping for a bigger one!

I broke down and ordered some Montex masks for this kit as I thought masking the coloured rubber around the canopy would be troublesome....and I was feeling lazy!

Anyway, they arrived today! These things are awesome compared to Eduard masks! they even come with interior masks so you can spray the interior directly rather than just painting the outside first!

i started to put them on (there's a set first so you can spray the rubber and then a second set to mask the rubber) and got my big fat thumb print on the main canopy. So had to future one side again and wait for that to dry!! :bang head

:huh: :blink don't mind me :drool :drool :hmmm Got a link? (y)

The double masked canopies do look great, did it on a VooDoo a while back. Didn't know they made pre cut ones. :popcorn

Back