• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

8 Ton Halftrack and 88 mm gun

I have never named my tracks, and mulligan seems like a mouthfull really, how about Sid? That sounds better. Really just give them a very dark brown wash and all will be fine. (y)
:) :cheer: :laugh: :lol: ;)

MOONIE,

I agree with JOHN. Hit them with some Raw Umber... No need to repaint !! Oh yeah Baby !! bring on that 88 !!! Youuuu can Doooo it !

ERIK

I'm going to build this thing in subassemblies and paint it, I'm not sure about painting it all once complete.

DUH! I forgot to do the three color camo on the HT!! Well good, I can paint some this weekend.

Looking good Bob. You are certainly making more headway with yours than I am with my Priest brother...way to go!

Well get busy Bubba! I gotta attack the yard today, may earn points to get a full day modeling tomorrow. We'll see.

Wow!
This went together quicker than I thought. Think I started Tuesday, lots of little parts that didn't seem to go from one to another.
DSCF0248.jpg

Got more detail painting to do. Worked Alclad with a brush on the brass and chrome parts.

DSCF0249.jpg

DSCF0248.jpg

DSCF0250.jpg

DSCF0251.jpg

DSCF0252.jpg

Now this was fun, the gunner's seat. I broke out the Scale Hardware stuff and made the seat stowable.
DSCF0257.jpg

Drilled out the hole and put a .5mm threaded bolt and secured it with a threaded nut..that's right, I said Threaded.
Washer on both sides and secured the nut with a dab of CA.

DSCF0258.jpg

Hope y'all like it so far!

MOONIE,

Great lookin stuff !! That Scale Hardware is th Bomb !! I gotta get me some of that stuff !! Threaded Bolts as small as 5mm :hmmm (y) :ro:

SooWeet lookin Gun !!

MOONIE,

Great lookin stuff !! That Scale Hardware is th Bomb !! I gotta get me some of that stuff !! Threaded Bolts as small as 5mm :hmmm (y) :ro:

SooWeet lookin Gun !!

AND Socket drivers....I kid you not. Trying to get this one threaded I thought I could use the socket, holding out on it just yet.

Thanks folks.

Just trying to broaden your radar scope Harv. Thanks for looking, hopefully will have an update this weekend.

Got back into the 88 this week, as time permitted. got the mount pretty much done, still some doodads to add for details. tools and what not.

Got around to the Shield and fired up the soldering iron, this shield is pretty stout and I wanted to make sure the mounting parts were not going anywhere.

After getting the major parts of the shield completed I wanted to make the mounting hardware a little more hardy. using the kit part as a guide I started channeling all our Scratch build gurus and made a jig to bend and solder the mount brace.
DSCF0259.jpg

Again, my biggest problem is symmetry, I can make one part look OK, but fail at it's twin, so I mixed it up with one scratch built and one kit part.

DSCF0261.jpg

Mainly because the second part fell apart, solder didn't hold well and I wanted to move it on along.
DSCF0262.jpg

test fit

DSCF0263.jpg

DSCF0265.jpg

DSCF0265a.jpg

As you can see here I got some sanding to do to make that bracket fit right.

If the mood strikes me tomorrow I may attempt the second bracket again. probably will go as is now.

Well there we are, whatcha think?

Back