• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

8 Ton Halftrack and 88 mm gun

I can see it being less tedious. I can also see the reward in it because they build up in a nice track.

Good tunes and taking a couple minutes break helps me. :blink I count out my links in 10's, that way I can keep track of how many to build per side, still kind of a beyotch, any way you slice it. How about a perspective shot of the frame, so I can gauge the scale of it, please? Just don't borrow Chuk's big penny!! :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3astRS6Tbw&feature=player_detailpage

Here you are Bob,at 0.34

Did not have the chance to take a ride with any of the vehicles,but it was just fun to see it!:)

With a bit of luck the event will return this year.

Greetings,Ron.

I found out that MILITRACKS will return on sunday may 15 on the same spot ,the war museum in Overloon in the Netherlands....[just for the people who will be able to go there]
A chance to see MP's build on 1:1 scale.

[Sorry for the polution in your thread,Bob]

Greetings,Ron.

Ron that's right on topic, are you kidding! Maybe I can talk the guys at work into letting me make a service call to one of our sister divisions there in NL. Yeah, don't count on it...IF you make it out there get lots of pictures for us!

lots of detail in the chassis of this thing.

DSCF0200.jpg

I replaced the plastic lock handles with brass .5mm rod, also sawed off the electrical port cover and put a .8mm pipe in the hole, this is where the electrical service for the trailer will plug in at. put the cover back on top. Not sure how I'm going to do the airbrake feed hose, if the 88 trailer has airbrakes?? Research time.

DSCF0201.jpg

Does someone have any info about these two parts? I put them in place as suggested but they interfered with the fuel tank. I'm thinking Dragon's instructions are wrong.

Dragon's instructions wrong??? Say it ain't so!! :laugh: Looking good! Can't help you on the technical part, I'll look through my reference materials to see what I can find. (y)

Looking at Toadman's pictures of one right now. At least my suspisions were right about what I was looking at on the back end. this thing needs a two cable rigged up!

http://www.toadmanstankpictures.com/sdkfz7.htm

DSCF0201.jpg

Does someone have any info about these two parts? I put them in place as suggested but they interfered with the fuel tank. I'm thinking Dragon's instructions are wrong.

parts B55/56 in step 6?

if glued in correct and if we both are talking about the same parts, there's no way that they interfere with the fuel tank!

that's them. well first problem is I didn't glue them correctly. I guess I was looking at what they did, that actuator arm seems to fit on the pin that protrudes from the side of the frame that seems to link to the gear box (torque converter?) on the drive sprocket. Getting the arm and the guide pin lined up just didn't work.

Working the chassis.
Decided to close up the hood. I could spend weeks detailing the underthe hood stuff. Maybe another time. Lots of potential there.
DSCF0211.jpg

DSCF0212.jpg

DSCF0213.jpg

DSCF0218.jpg

Check out the tow cable...

yeah it's sorted out, shoved in there. I'll pay closer attention to it next time. I can see a lot of potential on this, especially with the fuel and air lines. Might do some of the air lines, not sure yet.

Thanks Mike, took two strands of .02 mm copper wire and chucked them up in the dremal and turned it on slowly, got as many twist in there as I could. I didn't have anything smaller, and anything larger would not fit the eyelet for the hook. Then I took two pieces of .4 or .5mm pipe, cut it very thin and threaded the loop back around. once I had it in place I just mashed the pipe to lock it in place. You have to Mash it instead of crushing it...works better for me...I like Mashin'.

Back