• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

8 Ton Halftrack and 88 mm gun

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
DSCF0179.jpg

I"m in, y'all tell me what these are, I know German but i never can remember the skshiztahozzenpepper/7/8 names of these things.

MOONIE,

Cool lookin' kit !! Can't wait to see this !!! Yes ... It's an Sd.Kfz 7 the 8t refers to the weight it could tow. 8 tons ! SooWeet lookin gun & P.E. set !!

ERIK

Laura! What did you get me into? Just took a look at the PE instructions. OMG! Well at least i"m going OOB on the halftrack.

Good, you come do those "Magic Link" or whatever they are...I know one thing, we ain't got nothin' like that in Aircraft modeling. Guess I'll start that first and get it out of the way.

Good, you come do those "Magic Link" or whatever they are...I know one thing, we ain't got nothin' like that in Aircraft modeling. Guess I'll start that first and get it out of the way.

Never say never.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9vmamugkI4

James

Laura! What did you get me into? Just took a look at the PE instructions. OMG! Well at least i"m going OOB on the halftrack.

what i have gotten you into?

make your choice:

[ ] into a lot of fun!
[ ] into another nice mess!

:lol:

you will love that pe set! it looks frightening at first sight but is easier to work with than you may expect! and it lifts the 88 into another level!

Quit yer complainin'! You got the correct set for the kit... try some old fashioned scratch built detailing instead and THEN you'll appreciate all the stuff you have.

As Laura stated, you will have a blast!

Regards,

yeah, what am I complaining about...I did the brass halftrack!

here's the Halftrack scheme I'm going for
4670988361_0b24fb986b.jpg

yeah, what am I complaining about...I did the brass halftrack!

here's the Halftrack scheme I'm going for
4670988361_0b24fb986b.jpg

That's a cool one,Bob.

Did see this one 'life in action' at the war museum in OVERLOON in the Netherlands last year!:)

Greetings,Ron.

Sorry Ron, missed it, wish I was there...NL would be a little more than a Day trip for me. :mpup but if you got video I'd love to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3astRS6Tbw&feature=player_detailpage

Here you are Bob,at 0.34

Did not have the chance to take a ride with any of the vehicles,but it was just fun to see it!:)

With a bit of luck the event will return this year.

Greetings,Ron.

yeap, German Armor. I know no bounds... :mpup

DSCF0102%7E0.jpg

Just a little progress. these tracks...don't know about that yet.

yeap, German Armor. I know no bounds... :mpup

DSCF0102%7E0.jpg

Just a little progress. these tracks...don't know about that yet.

MOONIE,

There is a way that you can make these workable, if nothing but to make it easier to paint off of the Vehicle. Link two pieces of track together & use Super Glue to glue the Track Pad on it ( just a "pin dot" on the track, that upper surface that the track pad sits on) that way th pins stay free of glue & will be workable ! Helluva lot easier to paint & get on th Sd.Kfz 7 !! Drape around the wheels to get your length, note it & leave one end unglued. After painting & weathering you can drape them back on th HT, I left the open one on the top run so it's easier to glue, OH ! When you glue the last pad on you could use Tamiya thin, or similar ... They won't need to be workable after that !

as a Track Guide, use 2 rulers pushed together & the Teeth will sit between the rulers & keep then secure while you get th track run together. The one you've started is cool .... make that your bottom run. :D

Rock-On Brotha' ! I'm glad to see you come to th "Dark Side" !! I look forward to seein' this HT Come Together( in My best Steven Tyler voice) :ro:

Thanks Erik, yes it's all workable at this point, been using either Tanex or thick CA, not sure which works better, easier to apply, neither are what I would call easy.

52 links on each side I think. I'm taking James's advice and doing like 10 links in a sitting.

Back