• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

8 Ton Halftrack and 88 mm gun

I think I better take a break from training a dog and get to modeling done! Inspriational!

Regards,

Knowing what you've been through with that dog you better stick with him a little longer...But thank you Saúl... :mpup

Oh, lost three drill bits on this endeavor so it was a costly day. :unsure:

MOONIE,

That's Smokin' !! I too have trouble with consistency !! The 1st. one always come soff lookin Great. The next one ... or two ... or sometimes three .. Not so good !!Keep at it. If time permits . Nail it !! Great lookin' stuff !!

Wow Pup,that's lookin' real fine! The last time I built an 88 was about 20 years ago using the Tamiya kit. It wasn't anything like this though! Super! I love the little details. Especially the garduation marks on the elevation gear. Cool.
J

Thank you Jerry, that scale is from the Voyager set of PE, there's another scale that is suppose to be mounted on the pedestal but I'm not sure how I'm going to get it on there now, may have waited too late.

James I may try another one to replace the plastic one, I sure ain't going to send it in for QA inspection though!!

Looking good there, Bob!! The detail set is really adding to the character of the build! (y)

G-sd7.jpg

V1-07.jpg

Roughly, something like this will be attempted today.

Love it and Hate it Harv.

I opted out of some of the PE on this. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing wrong with the kit parts.

Specifically, I didn't do all the clamps and stuff. Nerves are not what they should be for that sort of PE work..

Here's update!

DSCF0266.JPG

DSCF0267.JPG

DSCF0268.JPG

DSCF0271.JPG

DSCF0272.JPG

DSCF0273.JPG

DSCF0274.JPG

Hey Erik, that last shot is for you. The heads of the tools are AlcladII Steel color. Brushed on. Just pour some out in a bottle cap or whatever and let the thinner evaporate some. The pigment will concentrate and get thicker to the point of being able to cover a brush nicely. just dip your brush in some lacquer thinner and work up the pigments again. This allows you to get a good grain of the metal effect.

Hope y'all like this so far. I really would like the colors to look less uniform, like the two were painted at different times, differnt shades. Guess I'll work the oils a good bit and try to get that variance there.

Thanks for all the support!

Thanks folks, I'm going to attempt something I never worked with before, a Miliput cover for the breach.

Back