• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

7 RTR BEF Matilda at Arras France

Working the base...

DSC_0985.JPG

Bloody Hell John !!

Me and you must share the same brain I was in Home Depot yesterday and literally looking at the same products ! Although I didn't buy anything I was thinking ahead !

Bagge if you look up a page you will see pink board foam insulation is the basis for the base! Andy this stuff is fab, but you have to use the sealer or it will chip off. I spray the sealer on very heavily.

In the spirit of MRA here is more!

DSC_0990.JPG

DSC_0986.JPG

Okay base is dry:
DSC_1013.JPG

And painting may now start:
First a dusty coat for the parts I cannot reach later
DSC_1014.JPG

Then some applications of MIG Pigments, yummy...
DSC_1011.JPG

DSC_1012.JPG

Stay tuned...

Okay base is dry:
DSC_1013.JPG

And painting may now start:
First a dusty coat for the parts I cannot reach later
DSC_1014.JPG

Then some applications of MIG Pigments, yummy...
DSC_1011.JPG

DSC_1012.JPG

Stay tuned...
:popcorn

The threaded rod for mounting? (as well as ease of handling I'm sure)

JOHN,

Excellant & a very Clean Build ! Great Stuff !! I really Dig th Pigments !! Good Show 'Ol Boi !

On your base - Did you seal it with th Celluclay ? I painted some Textured paint on a Foam base & it started to eat into it. Although My Base was "naked ". I realized what was happening & actually wiped off the paint & it left th base "burned" & horrible pitted, I though it looked like rock . Was that the Propellant reacting to the Foam ?

I can't wait to see th Matilda weathered up !!

:popcorn

Thanks guys! Eric the product I have been using is acrylic based and doesn't melt the foam. You could paint a layer of PVA glue onto the foam, let it totally set then spray it with anything and the PVA should protect the foam.

MP yes the mount is for ease of handing from now until ready to mount on the base.

HTH

MRA....

The kit ready for paint with the previous work masked with aluminum foil:
DSC_1020.JPG

Black primer:
DSC_1023.JPG

First coat green:
DSC_1025.JPG

I know this green looks dark now, but be patient, it will get much lighter.

Very very cool. So much to learn. (y) (y)
:popcorn James

PS If you where to paint something that is black, what would you use as a primer and base coat?

Power of the postshade. 2nd Green coat on the turret. Nato green cut 50/50 with flesh. the highs and lows are starting to become more well defined.

DSC_1026.JPG

Back