• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

7 RTR BEF Matilda at Arras France

JSteinman

Master at Arms
He are the parts is parts and iphone time stamp o approval! Just so you know the players here, I am using the new tool Tamiya Matty, Echelon 7RTR Marking, Bronco Track, and the Tiger Models BEF Matilda Conversion, supplied by Jeff at Tiger Models. Tiger Models BEF Conversion

DSC_0514.JPG

DSC_0515.JPG

DSC_0517.JPG

DSC_0519.JPG

Okay Kiddies here we go. First up road wheels. 20 to do, but I took
a short cut, I just glued em together on the sprue. Will be easy to clean em up from here!

DSC_0888.JPG

This build has been a treat for me in the Operation Torch build...but I do look forward to watching you work your magic with it John!

Okay MRA,

This is the replacement TMD nose. I am not too happy with it as it is warped, and the location holes for the tow eyes and headlights,are leave a lot to be desired.

DSC_0890.JPG

This is the Tamiya part for comparison:

DSC_0889.JPG

I chose to go the Tamiya route, which means modifications are needed. out comes the Tamiya bondo and Mr. Surfacer after some careful sanding.

DSC_0892.JPG

DSC_0891.JPG

DSC_0895.JPG

Still lots of work on the nose before it is ready, but at least you can see what I am up to.

More progress and more disappointment...

This is the jig supplied by TMD to lower the suspension:

DSC_0896.JPG

Works pretty well, but care must be taken to make sure the new holes go where they are supposed to go. I would have liked it better if it was more secure - like maybe if it engaged the hull bottom too?

These are the replacement inner arm of the main bogie units compared to the Tamiya part - looks good.

DSC_0899.JPG

But there is a problem. When you add them to the hull the part bows out. The pins are too far apart for the new holes made with the TMD Jig, yet the Tamiya part fits fine!

DSC_0900.JPG

DSC_0901.JPG

I chose to again to use the Tamiya part. Yes the TMD part is better detailed, but this is the inner arm of the suspension, no one is going to see this...

:bang head so strange when they make so well detailed products, that they don't make sure it fits!
Well as you say, not much of it is going to be seen when everything is assembled, so using the tamiya part is a good choice! (y)
:popcorn
//Mats

More Moving Right Along... Up now tracks. These are the fab Bronco workable tracks - I highly recommend them! (You may notice a derth of TMD parts so far on this project - well, this will change soon as the next series of photos will show lots more! I also spoke to Jeff at TMD and he is looking into the issues. He did state that there have been no other negative feedback on the kit.

Here are the tracks!

track1.jpg

track2.jpg

track3.jpg

track4.jpg

track5.jpg

Back