• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

7 RTR BEF Matilda at Arras France

To quote my good friend Rick Lawler here are some more gumdrops of goodiness... Moving up the ladder I have done work on the upper hull. First up you have to modify the area where the tabs of the side armor skirts mate to the upper hull. The kit is cast flat in this area,

upper1.jpg

and needs a bevel added.

upper2.jpg

Then its pretty easy to move along by adding the engine vent covers and drivers hatch.

upper4.jpg

upper3.jpg

Much better quality and fit of the TMD kit to the Tamiya Hull in this step! This is good!

I missed your previous update John, sorry to hear about the bad parts. They do look nice but realy looks like adding some bolt detail to the Tamiya parts put them on par with the TMD stuff that doesn't fit. You think just a new jig from TMD would work?

Okay more progress to report - this project is flying compared to the last one! :geek

First up some simple stuff, return rollers and idler tensioner. Just glue the kit parts to the TMD part!
9-1-f.jpg

Then we have the tail skid/muffler and new pipe.
9-1-g.jpg

9-1-h.jpg

Some small adjustments to the rear tow hooks - bolts not nuts!
9-1-.jpg

OVM in place with supplied tie downs and some lead foil strapping
9-1-j.jpg

New Mantlet (From the old Tamiya Kit I think via TMD of course) and a Lionmarc barrel!
9-1-e.jpg

Detailed smoke launchers (still need wires) and new loaders hatch handle
9-1-d.jpg

[attachment:8]C:\fakepath\9-1-d.jpg[/attachment]
9-1-c.jpg

This is where she sits now...

9-1-B_2011-09-01.jpg

I hope you are enjoying this, I am! :mpup

I sure am John! As always, I'm learning loads by watching you...having just built this I had no idea that things I really liked such as the tracks could be improved upon, but yours looks great! All the extras look great...neat variation from what I have built.

This has to be a record for me, 1 week 3 days for a 1/35 kit with link to link tracks.

Here is the finished build! Hope you like it.

DSC_0961.JPG

DSC_0962.JPG
DSC_0963.JPG
DSC_0964.JPG
DSC_0965.JPG
DSC_0966.JPG
DSC_0967.JPG
DSC_0968.JPG
DSC_0969.JPG

DSC_0970.JPG
DSC_0971.JPG

Looks great John...I know how you feel about this build. The OOB kit was just a dream to put together and I couldn't put it down. Even the Caunter scheme I did went smoothly all things considered. Looking forward to seeing your scheme on this one...

Lookin good. :D
Gotta love the Matilda,have got one sittin in a park not 30 or so minutes from my place.
Covered in crap but. :(

.Kurt.

Looking good John.

I think the next armor I do I'll have all the tools on when I paint it, seems to be the standard technique for you guys.

Thanks all for taking the time to comment. The spring is to re-upright the antenna. Below is the revised mount. I added the wire to pull down the antenna.

DSC_0981.JPG

DSC_0982.JPG

I just stumbled on this build. This is some awesome work. Great job John. I like the Bronco workable tracks as well. I used the twice so far. On a Bronco ZTZ-99 Chinese MBT and on RoG's Panzerhaubitze 2000. They work like a dream.

Joe

Back