• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/96 scale USS Constitution build.

This is about as good as I can get the kit's cannons & carriages. Lots of sanding! The two things I added to the carriages are the breech rope rings, and the handles for the cannon barrel elevation wedge thing. I don't know what their name is. The color of the carriages is described as a red ochre. My mix of red, and...yep, ochre 😉 comes close to the pic of the real thing I guess. 27 more to go for this deck.
IMG_20210808_175404594-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20210808-180444.png

I tried to think up a pun for "Cannons" and failed. "24 pounders. They circle around 'er. She's armed to the Teef! Take care of the Reef" was the best I could do. Apologies Capt. Tim Hull.
Awesome, as always so far! :drunksailor::oldguy::salute:

I tried to think up a pun for "Cannons" and failed. "24 pounders. They circle around 'er. She's armed to the Teef! Take care of the Reef" was the best I could do. Apologies Capt. Tim Hull.
Awesome, as always so far! :drunksailor::oldguy::salute:
"Teef"?... 🤣🤣

Amazing work. This was as far as I got on mine way back when. I couldn't seem to run the ropes from hull to back of the cannon; it was just too much for me then. I love this!

Amazing work. This was as far as I got on mine way back when. I couldn't seem to run the ropes from hull to back of the cannon; it was just too much for me then. I love this!
This is how mine is going Duke... I did four when I realized I was looping the rope the opposite way around the cannon breech🙄. Luckily I didn't glue them like that.
IMG_20210829_093614522.jpg

Thing is you can't see the lower deck cannons once the upper deck is in place.

The added thickness on the hull around the cannon openings is quite interesting! Never knew that bit of information.

Thing is you can't see the lower deck cannons once the upper deck is in place.

The added thickness on the hull around the cannon openings is quite interesting! Never knew that bit of information.
I was going to fully rig the midship cannons where the main opening on the top deck is, but when the ship's boats are added you really can't see them in that area either...

Last edited:
Tim, that is further along than I ever got. I think I eventually glued the upper deck in place without doing the rope on the cannon since they wouldn't be seen anyway. Keep it going man, I really love watching this. I might even pull mine back down to work on it again...

Tim, that is further along than I ever got. I think I eventually glued the upper deck in place without doing the rope on the cannon since they wouldn't be seen anyway. Keep it going man, I really love watching this. I might even pull mine back down to work on it again...
I'm so tempted to do the same with the top deck Duke! My better half keeps asking if the sails are on yet...lol.

Back