• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/96 scale USS Constitution build.

That's really cool! The Captain's Cabin interior is outstanding!
Thanks Rhino. For some reason in the pic the name CONSTITUTION on the stern looks like I was drinking heavily by the time I painted it. Really it doesn't look like that.

I'm thinking about lighting the model up. I have a strand of mini LED lights I ripped out of an old Halloween decoration in the junk drawer. I should be able to change the color to amber. This is a waterline display so the switch wiring will be easy to hide.
IMG_20210801_202727797-01.jpeg

Not sure what's more impressive, your painting skills or the fact you know the names for all those things. :popcorn

Not sure what's more impressive, your painting skills or the fact you know the names for all those things. :popcorn
Painting this thing has been an adventure. I'm glad the tedious stuff is done.
Sometimes I just call the ship parts, a thing...this thing, or that thing.

If you want to mess a little with Arduino, you might try to give it a little bit of flicker. Coloring is great! The flicker, especially if it were all along the gun deck and other areas would really set it off in the dark.

If you want to mess a little with Arduino, you might try to give it a little bit of flicker. Coloring is great! The flicker, especially if it were all along the gun deck and other areas would really set it off in the dark.
Wow, looks like they have anything, and everything. Thanks👍

A bit of harmless fun!

Working on sailing ship Masters has increased my sailing ship nomenclature vocabulary. Not enough to have an intelligent conversation on the subject with a Man that is truly expert. :smack::lol::lol:
Flickering lanterns! Absolutely Outstanding thus far, Captain!

A bit of harmless fun!

Working on sailing ship Masters has increased my sailing ship nomenclature vocabulary. Not enough to have an intelligent conversation on the subject with a Man that is truly expert. :smack::lol::lol:
Flickering lanterns! Absolutely Outstanding thus far, Captain!
🤣👍

Back