• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/96 scale USS Constitution build.

The lower & top foremast stays are on.
DSC_0001_37-02.jpeg
DSC_0002_32-01.jpeg

I don't want to slobber all over your thread, but I am completely fascinated by this project. Will there be a rigging nomenclature quiz when you finish?

I don't want to slobber all over your thread, but I am completely fascinated by this project. Will there be a rigging nomenclature quiz when you finish?
Absolutely not 🙅
But there was sea name for everything...like a handle just simply couldn't be called a handle you know 🙃

It looks great Tim!

My only comment is that the line/thread/loop that goes down around the bottom of the bowsprit looks to be a little thin compared to the lines going up to the mast. Seems that should be about the same weight.

Photo for Tim.jpg

Lovely work Tim, That's an interesting piece of engineering, it transfers the stress along that arch of the stay. Them some smart folk back then weren't they?

Lovely work Tim, That's an interesting piece of engineering, it transfers the stress along that arch of the stay. Them some smart folk back then weren't they?
They were. They acted as saddles straddling the jib boom. So the boom could be removed without interfering with the stays.

Back