• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Revell Vought F-8E Crusader ReHab

Man, this is looking good! Way to go on that camo pattern. I'll go get some more rum.... :pilot

I'd love to know where you got that 1/700 scale Tornado and where I can get some more aircraft like that.

Sorry, Phantom, only IFR until "The Unmasking". Crusaders didn't have the Auto. ILS that later Navy F-4's did.
Duke! Ur'e a Loon! The 'bitty Tornado is a resin casting, with LOTS of wet sanding!!
In any case, I put on some Sea Blue today. My fave is the old school testors PLA flat sea blue. Thins nice, sprays well. Painted with my AZTEK @ 7 psi, fine line, at point-blank range. Almost touching the F-8. SEE!?!
F-8_Rehab_27_Feb_2014_1.JPG

Upper looks a lot like the Yak.
https://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/albums/userpics/14699/F-8_Rehab_27_Feb_2014_2.JPG[/img
[img]https://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/albums/userpics/14699/F-8_Rehab_27_Feb_2014_3.JPG
Sea Blue accents on the Underside, to give a Doppler-shifted dazzle from ground level. I'll white accent the upper surfaces on the front side, for the same doppler-shift effect.
F-8_Rehab_27_Feb_2014_5.JPG

And, believe it or don't, All that, without one drop of Rum, Eh! :drinks
Thanks you guys, for your kindnesses. I get paid to freeze off my Yarbells. Modeling is warm & comfy, given the relentless Winter of 2014! I'm just goofing off! Back story to come!

Thanks Luiz! :soldier Your comment means a lot to me,having seen samples of your very unique skillset! More Pict's
F-8_Rehab_27_Feb_2014_2.JPG

F-8_Rehab_27_Feb_2014_3.JPG

Almost time for Alclad!! I LOOVE that stuff!

Camo coming out very interesting . :popcorn :popcorn Ready for it to be complete .

F-8 has always been my favorite during the Century time frame.

Cheers, Christian B)

In keeping with the Theme of making new stuff to stick to an old model, I decided the Afterbuner inlets for the J-57 needed scratchbuilt. I KNOW Chuck is :rotf at me NOW!
F-8_Rehab_28_Feb_2014_1.JPG

Front view. Not the proper size. I'll do better on Adm. Bellinger's Airplane!
F-8_Rehab_28_Feb_2014_2.JPG

:pilot FAM Hop!! Low & fast.
F-8_Rehab_28_Feb_2014_3.JPG

Yep, U fellers caught me. I took her out, and flew her around. Not too much. Nicest day we've had in 3 weeks here at NAS White Oak.
F-8_Rehab_28_Feb_2014_4.JPG

Lost some shingles here!
F-8_Rehab_28_Feb_2014_5.JPG

Free hand painted on the eye's!
F-8_Rehab_28_Feb_2014_6.JPG

I just couldn't wait to Unmask the old SAM Slugger. A bit premature for certain!
F-8_Rehab_28_Feb_2014_9.JPG

Under surface camo came out ok. In the age of Radar, there's no place to hide in the Sky. I like it anyway, and it IS a BIG Funking SKY!
F-8_Rehab_28_Feb_2014_7.JPG

Duke!
I've got a few, raw, extra Tornados. I'll mail U a couple, and you can try your hand, if U wish!

No Light, like Sunlight! :pilot
F-8_Rehab_1_Mar_2014_1.JPG

Masking tail section for glossy Black alclad base coat. Afterburner inlets got a bit of CA glue, and wet sanding.
F-8_Rehab_1_Mar_2014_2.JPG

F-8_Rehab_1_Mar_2014_3.JPG

I do love the Gloss Black Laquer! :zen
F-8_Rehab_1_Mar_2014_4.JPG

Almost time for my 2nd most favorite thing, after Decals; Alclad! No chrome this time. :idonno

F-8_Rehab_1_Mar_2014_6.JPG

I had a good Model day today. See you guys after my Sunburn!!!

Airbrushed Tamiya acrylic OD on the Olds Twins as well. Not all I had hoped for. :drinks
Robin_Olds_28_Feb_2014_1.JPG

Duke!
I've got a few, raw, extra Tornados. I'll mail U a couple, and you can try your hand, if U wish!

Sounds like a plan! Thanks!

Love the look of this beastie. Great shots against the sky too. I wish I could do that with some of mine. My place ain't really conducive to sky shots. Keep up the great work!

Home from the Sea. Tanned, weary. Had a Genuine Rootin' Tootin' Romper-Stomper of a Cruise!! Then...........
ALCLAD!!!
F-8_Rehab_12_Mar_2014_1.JPG

Steel for the jet pipe, Aloomium for the leading edges.
F-8_Rehab_12_Mar_2014_2.JPG

The black Alclad Laquer cured very nicely while we were out on the Big Blue
F-8_Rehab_12_Mar_2014_3.JPG

Then, A wee bit of Gunmetal for shading!
F-8_Rehab_15_Mar_2014_1.JPG

Gonna seal the Alclad later. Then mask the wing leading edges.
F-8_Rehab_15_Mar_2014_2.JPG

It seems, I mask this Jet an awful lot. :bang head
F-8_Rehab_15_Mar_2014_3.JPG

:pilot

Back