• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Airmodel Vought F-8 Crusader III

It's snowing here. I don't much care for snow, but, when snow comes, so does Bench Time, and I DO like Modelling!!
I had me a big nasty gap, in the wing roots of the Crusader III.
15_Nov_14_Crusader_III_1.JPG

I didn't want to pull the wing, so I puzzled for a while, and decided to pack some Epoxy-sculpt into the top of the wing, thru the gap.
15_Nov_14_Crusader_III_2.JPG

Nifty Stuff, mix the 2 parts, and roll it out. I used a spatula to schmush it in, and shaped with droplets of water!
15_Nov_14_Crusader_III_7.JPG

It took quite a lot of epoxy putty to get the top of the wing filled in. There will be a panel line there, as the wing hinges up, but this is working well.
15_Nov_14_Crusader_III_3.JPG

I made a bit too much, so rather than waste it, I rolled out small bits for 1/350 fuel tanks.
15_Nov_14_Crusader_III_9.JPG

The Tamiya 1/350 F-14A Tomcat & F-4D Phantom II came drop-tank shopping!
15_Nov_14_Crusader_III_10.JPG

I made some headway with the cockpit as well. fitted the dash & instrument panel, and work on the ejector seat as well.
15_Nov_14_Crusader_III_4.JPG

15_Nov_14_Crusader_III_5.JPG

Perhaps snow isn't so bad, after all! :pilot

Got in some good modeling time last night. I put the first of the International Orange on the ol' Crusader III! It had been looking at me funny.
19_January_15_Crusader_III_1.JPG

The references about how much Int. Or. was on the Jet is a bit muddled. I didn't load enough color to get the nose, and it went well enough, I thought I'd better quit, before things go awry!
19_January_15_Crusader_III_2.JPG

The int. Orange goes on before I try to make another natural metal finish. :pilot
19_January_15_Crusader_III_3.JPG

Thanks Chuck! I feel just a bit quixotic, but it comes along in small steps. I appreciate all he encouragement!!

Back