• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Revell Vought F-8E Crusader ReHab

Wing between the desk and the drawer. :hmmm That's usually where my finger ends up. :laugh:

Mishap, eh? :blink

Since it's a ReHab, and I am rather having a flight of Fancy, I always thought the F-8, and the F-100 deserved sharkmouths. That Big O' intake just Begs for TEETH! Soooo....
F-8_Rehab_8_Feb_2014_1.JPG

Saul, are U watching?
F-8_Rehab_8_Feb_2014_3.JPG

Only VF-111 had shark mouths. It was a lil' bitty thing inside the "Danger Jet Intake" stencil. Just too small!
F-8_Rehab_8_Feb_2014_2.JPG

This Crusader eats SAMS and craps MiG-21's!! At a speed comfortably above the 1000 mph level.

:bang head When U paint uppers & Lowers, thoughtlessly, sometimes you have to parallel park your F-8!! Not every Aviator is capable of such a thing. :pilot
Nowadays, the F-18 has a system that does it for you. Hands off. (wienies!)

Except for the mouth, I haven't decided on the rest of the paint. This example IS Impressive. Flames & Chrome are my fave's!! wELL DONE P-Phantom!!

Just a quick note on the 'flamed' Crusader - As far as I recall, it was an early 'C' model so didn't have the hump over the wing for the Bullpup electronics.

All great work on that masking, certainly got more patience than I have :good:

Ian

More Pictures;
F-8_Rehab_12_Feb_2014_3.JPG

The last one is a bit fuzzy. still some touch-up to do. Perhaps a 1/48 scale decal would have been neater. :drinks
F-8_Rehab_12_Feb_2014_4.JPG

Scratch built bade antenna, and whip antenna mount.
F-8_Rehab_12_Feb_2014_5.JPG

Iron hand. as if a Crusader Driver didn't have enough to do. :pilot

There are personalities, In Aviation History that I admire. USN, and USAAC/USAF. Duke Cunningham, Dick Bellinger, James H. Doolittle, Paul T. Gilchrist, Robin Olds, Alex Vraciu, Edward O'Hare, Dale Snodgrass. The list is too long to name all my heroes. I seem to easily find 1/72 Figures of General Olds. Not truly an F-8 subject. Used the Don/Greg airbrush preshade method. Looks promising!!
Robin_Olds__22_Feb_2014_2.JPG

Robin_Olds_22_Feb_2014_1.JPG

A skilled Pilot, and devious tactician.
Robin_Olds__22_Feb_2014_3.JPG

There was a big, ugly, chunk of crap on the tail of my F-8. It may ahve been a parachute housing for FN Crusaders. More likely it was an inacuracy in the OLD Revell F-8 kit. Given the "Iron Hand" mission, I ground, shaped, sanded, cussed :bang head , until It could be painted as addition ECM equipment. SEE!
F-8_Rehab_22_Feb_2014_1.JPG

I could have built a most excellent Academy F-8! :smack
F-8_Rehab_22_Feb_2014_2.JPG

Even the Reheat nozzle on this airplane sux!
F-8_Rehab_22_Feb_2014_3.JPG

I pray Chuck is laughing at me, from on High.
F-8_Rehab_22_Feb_2014_4.JPG

I had to have some stuff, so I could talk to the Troops on the group, and other Tactical strike Jets.

Oh! masking for upper paint scheme has begun.
F-8_Rehab_22_Feb_2014_5.JPG

Did I mention, today was "Paint It Black" day! Special thanks to Mick Jagger!
F-8_Rehab_22_Feb_2014_6.JPG

I have always known, why the Rum is Always GONE! :drinks
F-8_Rehab_22_Feb_2014_7.JPG

Back