• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 B-17G Chowhound...Decals and into Darkness

1/48 B-17G Chowhound...Nav Station Continues

I am back.

The progress will not look like much but it is one subassembly at a time and move forward.

For this update it is all about the bomb sight and the crew access area under the cockpit. For reference the gray is kit, the white is resin (oxygen bottles and Instrument Panel) and styrene.

Wiring is getting done and some things are in place permanently.

Nav-Station-5_zpsoqsbyyug.jpg

The Bomb Sight took a while but it is almost done.

Bomb-Sight-1_zpsf8gnwixe.jpg

Bomb-Sight-2_zpszpwrqklm.jpg

And the crew access area both in place and out.

Crew-Access-4_zpswlyefbpw.jpg

Crew-Access-5_zpszqvxfffe.jpg

Crew-Access-3_zpsauwlzk1l.jpg

Crew-Access-2_zpso7znqng3.jpg

Crew-Access-1_zpsgtnenx11.jpg

Moving forward I plan to keep going on the fabrication and at some point I will start the pit area.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Do you have clearance for that bombsight? :D

Excellent work Joe, it's really coming together nicely.

Looking very good Joe ... :skipper ... your doing a bang up job ... :popcorn ... :notworthy (y) :pilot

Do you have clearance for that bombsight? :D

Excellent work Joe, it's really coming together nicely.

He can throw a tarp over if if G2 says anything. :rotf

Looking good Joe.

Very interesting...a meticulous job...a pleasure to watch :coolio

Luiz

Very nicely done. That bombsite is awesome.
James

Excellent work so far Joe! I only have one problem... It's the bomb sight. I can't see the crosshairs!!

The last time I crawled into a B-17 under the cockpit I cracked my head on the control cables muling pulleys. I can tell you that it hurt. But so worth the experience.

I'm going to follow along here and wish you the best on this project.

Excellent work so far Joe! I only have one problem... It's the bomb sight. I can't see the crosshairs!!

The last time I crawled into a B-17 under the cockpit I cracked my head on the control cables muling pulleys. I can tell you that it hurt. But so worth the experience.

So, which B-17 did ya crawl around in? :unsure: I crawled around in "Return To Glory" at March Field Air Museum in So. Calif. back in June 2004 It was an experience!! :drinks

Might be the biggest reason for those leather caps :coolio

Well with all this post'n going on over Here ... I ventured in to see some more work ...... looks very good Joe ..... :skipper :pilot :eek:ldguy

1/48 B-17G Chowhound...Nav Station Continues 2

Me again. Many thanks Gerry.

Just another small, but to me kind of important, update.

This I believe will be the last picture of the forward sections without paint. That means they should be finished the next time you see them.

The major construction I think is done. All that is left is to plumb it up. So the next step is to paint.

Pictures of the Nav Station.

Nav-Station-8_zpsvc9fjra6.jpg

Nav-Station-6_zpsn45mo6ef.jpg

Nav-Station-10_zpstdd6d34e.jpg

And the work on the pit. This included the seat framing, the Throttle Console, and the Bottles at the rear. Note that the pilot frame is off a bit. That has been fixed. Also the canvass is in place.

Nav-Station-7_zps3axu2n4c.jpg

Nav-Station-9_zpsaui2cmni.jpg

Nav-Station-11_zpsouxxn8ep.jpg

Like I said not much but it is significant in that I am ready to paint this. I hope to have these painted by the end of the weekend. I hope to have these areas finished off in the next week or so.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

1/48 B-17G Chowhound...Nav Station Continues 2

Looks very good Joe ..... excellent work ..... nice canvas ...... :popcorn

Back