• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 B-17G Chowhound...Decals and into Darkness

1/48 B-17G Chowhound...Framed

fair representation Joe. Remeber also that some of those inside surfaces would have been covered wtih quilting for insulation. the area in the cockpit is one I can think of off the top o the head.

Looking good Joe! The only "padded" area was in the cockpit.

Terry B)

Many thanks all for looking in.

I was thinking of the padding as well when I framed the pit. That section will be covered so I thought about not framing it but then thought it may be seen in the padding so I ended up doing much of it anyway.

Joe

Alot of the forts had the padding inside from the factory but, upon entering the field, the crews removed it to help lighten the aircraft and, reduce the risk of fire.

I am going to try to keep the padding, at least on the one side. It will help to hide some of the issues.

Joe

1/48 B-17G Chowhound...Nav Station Beginning

Well here I am yet again.

Time for a smallish update on what is going on.

Work has begun to detail the Nav Station in the bomber nose. I have fabricated some electrical panels and some of the odds and ends that are in the real thing.

First up the Starboard side and the little bit I did, the tank holder and the Drift Meter. Now throughout you will not see wiring yet. I have not gotten that far.

Nav-Station-2_zpsbrurptup.jpg

The different panels and boxes on the Port side.

Nav-Station-1_zpsi1obwmos.jpg

And the flooring of the station.

Nav-Station-3_zpsydlep1ip.jpg

Nav-Station-4_zpswsnhiily.jpg

I will continue on this section and fill it out with the little things and then some of the major objects like the guns and such.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Very nice thar Joe! Didn't I send ya some pics awhile back on the -17?

Looking very Good Joe .... excellent work ..... Did you say wiring ...... (Calls down the Hall) Nurse More Meds Needed ...... :eek:ldguy

Looking good Joe, where did you get the upper bulkhead, cover for the IP? Looks like you cast something.
What are you using for references? Are you going to try and do the detailing around the gun stations? Like the counter weight pulley thing they had?

Very kind. Thank you.

Ed yes you did. Still using them in fact.

Gerry yes, wiring.

MP I have a lot of pictures, drawings, and such. I am going to try all that detailing yes. The bulkhead is actually a cast from a resin piece I have. I have a ton of detail sets for the 1/48 Fort that I bought for the visible edition. That is where the O2 tanks and the voltage thing came from as well. Still not decided on what I will do with the IP though. Still not sure if I will go with resin or kit parts.

Joe

Sounds good, watch your clearance with the floor between the two halves, you've added some with the ribbings so you'll have to do some shaving somewhere.

Sounds good, watch your clearance with the floor between the two halves, you've added some with the ribbings so you'll have to do some shaving somewhere.

Good advice and something I forget from time to time. I have been dryfitting as I go and I have also been fitting into the fuse and taping the two halves together from time to time. So far so good.

Joe

Very kind. Thank you.

Ed yes you did. Still using them in fact.

Gerry yes, wiring.

MP I have a lot of pictures, drawings, and such. I am going to try all that detailing yes. The bulkhead is actually a cast from a resin piece I have. I have a ton of detail sets for the 1/48 Fort that I bought for the visible edition. That is where the O2 tanks and the voltage thing came from as well. Still not decided on what I will do with the IP though. Still not sure if I will go with resin or kit parts.

Joe

(y) (y) :pilot

Back