• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 B-17G Chowhound...Decals and into Darkness

1/48 B-17G Chowhound...Radio Station

Very kind, all of you. Thank you.

Mike through the Warbird Information Exchange website I have been able to, with permission, copy and save several hundred pictures of the restoration of Sally B. I have also several ebooks and a couple of actual books. All in all I have roughly six hundred photos right now. I do have to be careful though as some are of an "E" variant. At times it gets a bit confusing.

Joe

Wow this is looking very cool!

(y)

With some time off from work I plan to spend some time on this.

Not really going to plan as of yet but hopefully.

A brief update.

Working in the waist gunner positions. The walkway and a bit on the bulkhead. Also a bit on the belly turret frame.

Pictures speak a thousand words.

Waist-1_zpsmehjmtab.jpg

Waist-2_zpsmp42hupc.jpg

Now as for the turret framing. This is not accurate. The frame attaches differently however I am going with what I have. I had some issues with it and this is as close as I can get.

Waist-4_zpsbsgrhrsj.jpg

Waist-3_zps2lbpnl2y.jpg

I hope to have more done in the next couple of days. (Back allowed)

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Very good, always thought the belly gun frame could be done in aftermarket but I've never seen one. Who needs AM when Joe's doing the work. :popcorn

1/48 B-17G Chowhound...Tail Gunner and Small Bits

Ok through the day today some progress has been made.

Some finish work on the belly turret, (the bracket for the O2 tank) and some brackets for O2 tanks and fire extinguishers. Spent some time working on the smaller O2 tanks and the fire extinguishers themselves.

Waist-5_zpsieycqjgi.jpg

Waist-6_zpskmqqz2dc.jpg

O2-Bottles_zpszug66bfc.jpg

Fire-Extinguishers_zpsbugbedos.jpg

Also tackled the tail gunner position. This had to be scratch built from the get go as so much will be seen.

Tail-Turret_zpsyhtod1yn.jpg

Now for the good news. I believe I am at the point I can begin to paint and begin to permanently install the fixtures into the fuse. :D

There are still things to do but some cannot be done without pieces in place. I have not tackled the top turret at all and just the framework on the belly turret.

Still so far to go but on the overall I believe I am about 50% done with the interior.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Back